Start date: May 11, 2015,
End date: Jun 10, 2016
The Volunteer will realize an EVS-project "Icebreaking" taking place in Krasnoyarsk City, Russia. Krasnoyarsk is the largest industrial, cultural and educational centre of Eastern Siberia, and the capital of the Krasnoyarsk Territory - the second largest region in Russia. The project lasts 9 months. The volunteer will be involved in the current projects (in the preparation and implementation of youth exchanges and bilateral international project-management, ) and other activities carried out by Educational Center of INTERRA (foreign language clubs, lectures/discussions in culture, art, urban life development etc.) She will have the possibility to participate in sports events, organized by the city or other NGOs in Krasnoyarsk and through that promote volunteering and the EVS program.
The main objectives of the project are:
- active involvement of young people in civic participation in the community by the way of non-formal education.
- to promote international exchanges and cross-cultural understanding and tolerance.
- to create the necessary prerequisites that will develop personal and professional growth.
We would like to offer an opportunity for our EVS-volunteer to immerse herself in the field of non-formal education and in the culture of the region/city. To develop hers competences and social skills by learning ‘basic Russian’ needed for daily communication. We will support her in setting, planning and achieving their learning objectives and enhancing their key competences within the period of EVS. The volunteer will also have a chance to take part in trainings and workshops organized by our team. The volunteer may participate in weekly management meetings of INTERRA-team. She will work mainly with young people in the age of 16 – 35 years old.
The main tasks of the volunteer are:
- working out the projects' programmes together with the project team,
- contacts with Russian and/or foreign organizations/participants, work with youth voluntary team, involved in the project,
- help in administration work: taking part in scheduling of the events and arranging the public part of the project (posters, flyers, etc.), giving advice to visitors according to current events. She may get involved in the PR of the implemented activities preparing for exampl press releases (in Russian or English upon the language skills).
- help in running certain activities/workshops or creating and implementing their own ones: language immersion, presentations about European culture as to raise up the interest of the local community towards the foreign country and the EVS-program.
We will also join our volunteer to our long-term interregional project “From Idea to Action”. Its main goal is to give the participants an opportunity to develop an idea from the beginning till the end of their own project developing.
- help with website administration (updating INTERRA’s website and Facebook page with relevant information and digital materials on current projects etc.).
Other suggested tasks:
- provide youth organizations, students with information about volunteering and the Erasmus+ program
- have a blog on the Internet about her EVS project to share impressions and ideas for all interested in duration of the project and to promote it among Krasnoyarsk youth.
The methodology of the project is conceived in ways that require active participation and involvement in the daily life of an NGO in Siberia. The methodology is based on the main principles of an experiential learning cycle and non-formal education. At the beginning she will help to implement current events and little by little we will support her to act more independently.
The main objective of an EVS project is to ensure a good impact (when it comes to the values and ideology of the Erasmu on the volunteer, the hosting-organization and the local community where the project is imbedded. This impact will be realized
The impact on local community will cause more awareness of EVS and . Through the participation in joint activities, young people from Krasnoyarsk and the volunteer acquire new knowledge and develops new attitudes towards different countries. Volunteer will have an opportunity to use all her experience from the project, to create the active way of participation and develop competences which are important both as for personal as professional future. The involvement in the local community will ensure that both Russian and volunteer’s community will benefit from the project.
The volunteer will get a Youthpass Certificate which is recognized by the European countries as a good recommendation paper when applying for a job or for admission to a desired study. It is not known in Krasnoyarsk so by hosting volunteers we hope to take a step closer to a validation of it.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation