I.E.S. HERMANOS MACHADO PRACTICANDO POR EUROPA VI
Start date: Sep 1, 2014,
End date: Aug 31, 2015
The aim of the Project is to establish relationships among schools to collaborate in the phase of training in enterprises with students of Computing in the field of Initial Vocational Training of Micro Computing Systems and Network (Medium Grade in Vocational Training).
The project tries to offer three students of this English bilingual courses an excellent opportunity to improve their professional competences and develop new linguistic skills in the English language, working in a Dutch enterprise to validate the Professional Grade of Formation at Working Centres (FCT), which is integrated in the curriculum of the Vocational Training. The students’ mobility will be in April-May.
Our project is based on two organizations with similar characteristics, being both centres Vocational Training Schools; one of them will send the students to the foreign country and the other one will host these students.
The main purpose of the project is that for two months (360 hours) our students can do their training in an enterprise to develop the acquired professional capacities, as part of the contents of the FCT, which is necessary to get their official qualification.
As far as the secondary purposes are concerned, it must be added the following objectives:
1. To improve the working integration of the students when they achieve their qualification.
2. To develop the linguistic skills in English of the students.
3. To reinforce the international dimension of our school and students to continue being a public school which is a reference in Andalusia with this kind of projects.
4. To increase the European integration of the students in working habits, together with cultural and social aspects.
According to the cross-curricular objectives, it should be said that the project will be able to:
1. Improve the communicative skills of the students in the foreign language with a professional purpose (VOLL).
2. Increase the incorporation of the students to the labour market, to allow the job searching in the European framework.
3. Give the opportunity to students with low socio-economic resources to enjoy this mobility so that they can improve their immersion in the labour market.
4. Promote the tolerance as a way of behaviour to avoid xenophobia or racism due to the cultural exchange.
5. Encourage this type of mobility for students of Vocational Training since we are going to host the students of Albeda College with their own project of mobility in their training in Seville.
In short, we want to be a model in the local and regional sphere, with the constant presence of the European and bilingual education in our Educative Project. Since we are involved in several European Projects, this would be a step forward so that our students can increase their education and professional quality in a foreign country.
Moreover, students will receive an impact, which is supposed to be an added value to their professional curriculum. With these circumstances they will be able to increase their labour expectations and speed up their immersion in the Spanish and European market.
On the other hand, this project complements the linguistic and cultural capacities of our students, not only of the receptors of the future project, but also of the rest of the students of the school. This is a consequence of the fact that motivational activities are developed in our Vocational Training teaching and the project is widely extended within our school and in the local and provincial area.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation