Hoe maken we onze school nog internationaler?
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
How to make our school more international?
In our school we offer many international activities, but they are not yet anchored in our curriculum. That is what we want to focus on in the next couple of years, to make sure that in 8 years time we will be a school in which internationalisation is fully incorporated. To achieve this ambitious goal we have to motivate our colleagues to actively take part in this. The colleagues will be coached and enthused by a team of 4 International coordinators who are fully prepared, educated and equipped for this demanding job. those 4 coordinators are professionals with a wide experience in internationalisation and are open to other cultures and new methodologies. They will qualify themselves during the schoolyear 2015-2016 by means of courses and job shadowing. They will focus on the next points
- the coordination of all the international contacts and projects
- the implementation of virtual projects with schools throughout the world to prepare our students to study and work in a globalising society
- a good preparation of the mobilities and incorporation of the mobilities in our curriculum. At the moment it is more an absolute experience and it would be better if they are related to our curriculum
- building and keeping good contacts with our partnerschools. To guarantee the quality of the exchange projects you need to build a solid relationship with your partnerschools en discuss de content, the quality and progression of the projects on a regular basis. Therefore it is also necessary for the coordinators to have excellent intercultural skills
- the application for an Erasmus plus KA2 grant. Financial circumstances are also a deciding factor in building a long term relationship. An other advantage of a KA2 project is the fact that the project has to be qualatively very strong.
- the internationalisations of the normal lessons. The team of coordinators will help and stimulate colleagues to incorporate international aspects in their teaching.
TThe coordinators will work in couples to coach and monitor each other. Two will focuss on the internationalisation of the curriculum in general (course Euneo and job shadowing in Spain), the other twon on designing projects and the Erasmus plus application (Course Cervantes and job shadowing Finland).
This all together has to result in better education for our students, that will do justice to the strong points of our students en will prepare them for their subsequent education and future in a strongly internationally orientated world.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation