Higher education student and staff mobility projec..
Higher education student and staff mobility project
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: Sep 30, 2016
As part of the Bachelor’s Degree in Restaurant Management curriculum at FERRANDI Paris, a 3-year training course preparing for a RNCP level II qualification, our students have to do a mandatory internship abroad, from 5 to 6 months in an English-speaking country or in a country where the language at work is English. Our 2015 project planned 25 internship mobilities: we selected 25 candidates over the 50 students involved in this programme. There were 17 girls and 8 young men who were between 19 and 26 years old. 16 of them went to the United Kingdom, 5 to Malta, 1 in Spain, 1 to Portugal, 1 to Ireland and 1 to Denmark.
This work placement, listed in the educational curriculum of FERRANDI Paris, mainly aims to ensure the practical application of the courses provided at the school. It allows the student to develop his/her knowledge in a professional context.
The main objective of the internship is to give students the opportunity to apply the knowledge and skills taught at school. It is an essential immersion in the professional environment.
The following skills are put into practice and developed during the internship:
• Communicate in English in a professional setting,
• Practice food and beverage service technique,
• Respect protocol and service etiquette,
• Respect sanitary and security regulations,
• Analyze sales, manage stocks, request production costs,
• Develop sense of responsibility,
• Take initiatives,
• Play a real role in the running of the business.
Students are expected to be assigned to the following tasks/missions:
• Set up of the dining room according to instructions,
• Great seat and see off clients,
• Advise clients and take orders,
• Perform food and beverage service,
• Manage serving several tables at once,
• Clear tables during and after service,
• Manage the service desk,
• Manage the cash register,
• Perform inventories and identify purchasing needs,
• Apply HACCP guidelines,
• Fill out work documents (orders, stock list, HACCP forms),
• Perform cleaning tasks (dining room, furniture and equipment).
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation