Higher education student and staff mobility projec..
Higher education student and staff mobility project
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: Sep 30, 2016
The Vincent d'Indy High School has been offering a two-year vocational course specializing in tourism since September 2013. Considering the requirements and objectives set by this training
course, we wish to open up to international and especially European countries and have consequently signed the 2014/2020 Erasmus + Charter. We have also applied for mobilities through the
2015 call for proposals.
- improving the students' proficiency in foreign languages and especially technical language.
- improving the qualification levels of students in order to meet the increasing requirements of tourism professionals
- enabling students to opt for future European professional mobility by giving them the possibility to adapt to a European environment.
- getting better knowledge of European countries and different cultures.
- forming European and international partnerships with private or institutional organizations in order to develop cooperation and exchanges.
Number and profile of participants:
four female students were granted a mobility out of five available. All of them were eligible for an Erasmus grant.
- these students were immersed professionally for two months in a reception environment - hotels, tourist office, travel agency. They were entrusted with the following tasks: visitor or customer
reception and information, advising on destinations or tourist itineraries, selling tourist products, updating data ....
Results and positive impacts:
- noticeable greater proficiency in foreign languages
- they have gained some new professional skills
- increased awareness that they can continue their studies or gain work experience abroad.
- developing partnerships with tourist organizations which will facilitate future internships for students.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation