Higher education student and staff mobility projec..
Higher education student and staff mobility project
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: Sep 30, 2016
This project consisted in a 2 month traineeship for one of our BTS FED students. Our student is keen on developing his skills in order to be able to work internationally in future.
The objectives of the program were detailed as follows :
1. Work within a software development environment and understand processes required to:
o Market, Sell, Define (Product Marketing), Develop, Test software, Participate in various functions within the company to understand and participate in the actitvities of the company, in particular:
o Product marketing and user interface design
o Software testing
o Networks configuration
• Complete 1 or 2 projects with a view to achieving and delivering a useful contribution to the function of the company
2. Skills :
• Understanding of corporate operating models
• User interface and user journey capture
• Mockup design
• Agile software development techniques
• Participation in a team environment, owning an activity, reporting on progress and issues, interacting with different functions and areas
• Outline financial and technical implications, markets and risks, competitor positioniong
• Understand and work with corporate documentation, requirements or technical specification
And finally developing language skills in English.
After completion of the traineeship the company assessed the trainee as follows :
"Raphael has been a dedicated and diligent member of the team, working on three different projects during his time at Kivue. He has contributed a significant amount of useful work during the short 8 week assignment. We felt confident enough in his work and abilities to let him present the work he did on risk management directly to one of our major customers. Conducting the meeting in English, he was able to convey his ideas and concepts well and interact with a specialist in the field representing our company well.
Raphael has a strong gift and ability in communications, he is able to communicate his ideas and concepts very clearly, presenting his work in a structured, logical and well thought out way. This allowed him to get his ideas over both internally and to customers clearly, despite the challenges of working in a second language.
The work he has been engaged on required him to understand the problem, develop his own concepts and solutions and finally document these into a clear specification that can be followed by others to produce a working version of his designs. He has performed this successfuly and leaves us with a useful set of deliverables and output.
We would have no hesitation in recommending Raphael to any future employer and wish him well with his career."
The student has immensely benefitted from the experience, he has developed his language skills in English and shown his ability to adapt and learn in a professional context. The reference from the company will without a doubt have a positive impact on his future career.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation