Higher education student and staff mobility projec..
Higher education student and staff mobility project
Start date: Jun 1, 2014,
End date: May 31, 2016
1. Information about the project
The project concerned both student mobility (study program and apprenticeship program) and academic staff mobility organization. Objectives were defined according to the SMART criteria and were/are key elements of the University Mission and of the Strategy for the Development of the University for the years 2012-2020, in the area of University internationalization and improving quality of the education process. University takes a constant and dynamic cooperation with foreign partners, both from program and partner countries on strengthening cooperation in the field of teaching, teaching methodology, systems supporting the learning process development and implementation, research and practice. The undertaken actions are reflected in numerous bilateral international agreements, University and its academic community participation in international programs, University participation in the international university consortia implementing projects concerning students and staff mobility. The effects of undertaken actions have already been shown by granting University several awards "University of the year - Emblem 2014, 2015, 2016", International Accreditation "The Top Institution with International Experience".
The Erasmus+ program was highly touted among the academic community through:
- University Website,
- Students' Government website,
- Specialized software used by Dean's Office to contact with students, which provided information about the project directly to students,
- Department meetings within academic staff,
- Students' Government and scholarship program holder meetings with student representatives,
- Multimedia in the University hall,
- Open Erasmus Days.
2. Aims of the project
The aim of the project revolves around raising the level of internalisation of the educational process through participation of students and academic staff in international mobilities. All aims set for the Project were fulfilled. Mobilities of academic staff were realised in 100% (STA and STT - 6 mobilities in total). Mobilities of students (SMS) were realised in 100% (4 mobilities in total), and SMP mobilities in 33% (1 mobility). Research was conducted to detect the reason of low interest
in SMP mobilities. The identified reason was lack of tangible effects of overseas internship programme. The University took remedial steps to correct the situation:
- the Deans of department organised extra meetings with students,
- the University intensified promotional activities by propagating entities offering overseas internship placements,
- the University held meetings with representatives of the market (including MPs) who presented benefits of participating in overseas internship programmes,
- the University organized a number of Oxford debates on entrepreneurial attitudes.
The students and staff mobilities benefited from participating in the programme in the following ways:
- acquisition of new didactic experiences and extension of the scope of cooperation on educational and scientific level (academic staff)
- acquisition of new knowledge passed on in a foreign language (students).
- raising of the process of internalization of the University.
3. The number and profile of participants
The STA mobility participants (2 persons) were academic staff in the degree of PhD: v-ce Dean of the Faculty of Finance and IT and the employee of the Faculty of Law and Social Sciences. The STT participants - 4 persons - were administrative staff from Dean's Office and Rector's Office. In case of SMS mobility, the participants were 2-nd and 3-rd year students of the Finance and Information Technology Department. The SMP scholarship holder was 3-rd year student of the Faculty of Law and Social Sciences. Among the scholars there were people from disadvantaged groups.
4. Description of the realised activities
All mobilities were successfully completed: students got credits for all courses in their LA, got new experiences and obtained positive opinion from their host university. The internship was also successfully completed what was confirmed by a certificate and positive opinion of the host company. The staff mobilities were appreciated by relevant representatives of host universities and were completed by mutual declarations of continuing the cooperation into the future. It is reflected in the
presence of representatives of partner universities in the scientific council of the WSFiP scientific journal and in international conferences.
5. The results and impact of the project
The project helped strengthening cooperation between universities and academic staff and gave opportunities to students gaining new competences.
6. Long-term effects
-signing of long-term agreements of cooperation
-undertaking activities aimed at adjusting the educational offer to the current needs of the job market,
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation