Healthy life - your 'new high'
Start date: Feb 1, 2015,
End date: Jan 31, 2017
Healthy life – your ‘new high’ is the initiative of ZURY Association from Timisoara (RO) whose aim is to diminish the consumption of drugs, alcohol and tobacco among youth by organizing information and awareness raising campaigns, presenting the negative effects of their consumption as well as promoting in the same time a healthy lifestyle through stimulating young people and children to get involved in recreational sportive and out-door activities, non-formal educational activities and activities of spending their free time in a constructive and pleasant way in disfavor of consuming drugs, alcohol and tobacco. The project is focused on the following subjects: a healthy lifestyle, health & well being, youth. Through the activities planned, the project wishes to support solving the serious problematic at regional, national as well as European level of drugs, alcohol and tobacco consumption among youth which in the last years has increased significantly, Romania being one of the European member states with the higher increasing rate of consumption and extension of target groups concerned.
The project objectives are the following:
1. Inform, educate and raise awareness among 1000 representatives of the youth population from Arad and Timisoara concerning the risks of drugs, alcohol and tobacco consumption during the project
2. Promoting a healthy lifestyle among 300 young people and children from Arad and Timisoara during the project duration
The objectives will be achieved by the implementation of these activities:
- organizing 8 information campaigns concerning the negative effects of drugs, alcohol and tobacco consumption in 8 educational structures from Arad and Timisoara for 1000 beneficiaries
- organizing 8 workshops for promoting a healthy lifestyle in 8 educational institutions from Arad and Timisoara with the participation of 200 young people and pupils
- organize 2 public events in order to educate and raise awareness among the young generation in connection with the harmful elements of drugs and tobacco consumption with the occasion of World No Tobacco Day (31st of May) and International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking (26th of June)
- prepare, organize & implement activities with sportive character, for spending free time, games and educational/personal development workshops for 100 young people, pupils and children during the project
- develop an information and awareness raising campaign regarding the importance of using bicycle as a mean of transportation as well as a way of spending free time in a pleasant and healthy way among 50 youth
- develop & consolidate a cycling amateur club with at least 20 members from Arad and Timisoara organizing activities connected to amateur cycling (out-door activities, cycling tours in urban environment and in mountain areas from the county)
The methods & instruments that the EVS volunteers will use to develop the activities are from the non-formal area: games, workshops, sportive activities, presentations, flash mob, debates, brainstorming, socio-educational animation, public cafe, street animation, audio-video materials etc. The types of the activities the EVS volunteers will develop are belonging to the following categories: information and awareness raising campaigns, workshops, events, club, non-formal activities.
Through the planned activities, the promoting organizations aim to bring an impact in the local communities envisioned, but especially among the youth, students, pupils and children in what concerns the negative consequences of drugs, alcohol and tobacco consumption, aiming specifically to the very young generation and the consumption of these substances from an early age. Moreover, the project wishes to stimulate youth in adopting a healthy life style through promoting activities with sportive character, out-door activities and movement in general following to bring results especially in the field of diminishing the number of consumers of harmful substances and raising the number of youth and children involved constantly and actively in pleasant activities of spending their free time through sport and activities developed outside, in nature. Besides this, the project is focused on bringing a change also in terms of youth and children’s diet nowadays by organizing workshops of promoting a healthy diet and approach a healthy nutrition.
Within the project there will be involved a total no. of 8 EVS volunteers, sent by 4 different sending organizations from 4 programme countries. Out of them, 4 volunteers will be with fewer opportunities. The EVS volunteers will be developing voluntary stages of 10 months each, first 4 of them being involved in the community of Arad and the other 4 in the city of Timisoara. The general period of the voluntary stages will be: 1st of May 2015 – 29th of Feb 2016 and 1st of Mar 2016 – 31st of Dec 2016. The entire project will last for 2 years, between 1st of Feb 2015 and 31st of Jan 2017.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation