Healthy European = Happy European
Start date: Feb 1, 2015,
End date: May 30, 2016
The EVS mobility entitled Healthy European=Happy European emphasized the fact that a healthy, well-balanced lifestyle is strongly connected with one's personal happiness, by the word "health" we mean the physical, mental and emotional health. We wanted to offer the European youth an EVS learning experience to help them with their personal and professional development, to help them acquire new knowledge and competences and provide them with practical experience for the employment market that they would help build in the near future, by being actively engaged in the activities that promote healthy lifestyle and participating in them.
There are two main priorities in our organization that helped them achieve that: A) youth and adult non-formal education in the area of healthy life-style, personal development and personal and professional coaching, anti-stress courses, healthy diet cooking classes, and B) organizing eco-soul oriented trips and holidays. This was our first EVS project and by hosting EVS volunteers we also received a valuable experience in mentoring volunteers from other European countries and engaging in multicultural experiences.
Our objectives were:
1. to promote and provide healthy lifestyle education through organizing and taking part in healthy life-style, personal development and personal and professional coaching, anti-stress courses, healthy diet cooking classes and yoga;
2. to offer youth strong connection between non-formal education and employment
3. to provide EVS volunteers and our youth with intercultural experience and create appreciation and awareness of different culture
4. to develop social skills of the volunteer and promote active participation in the society
5. to promote the EVS idea and Youthpass on a local and regional level
6. to increase the volunteer's digital competence
We strongly believe that our work focused on some of the main objectives and goals of Erasmus+ programme as the newly acquired skills of our EVS volunteers were validated in Youthpass and disseminated within their sending organization and local community. With the newly acquired knowledge and experience in mind, the volunteers now also have better chances in the employment market. We also promoted intercultural experiences by engaging ourselves in working with various European organizations with similar goals and values.
Our methodology was based on Youthpass as an instrument to help the volunteer recognize the importance of non-formal learning and as an instrument for self-reflection, self-evaluation and support of individual learning and its 8 key competences.
Writing the Youthpass enhanced the volunteer's ability to communicate what he/she has learned. Now that the EVS project has finished, this is a valuable tool for the volunteer for recognition of his/her learning outcomes. The Youthpass Impact Study by European Commission also shows that Youthpass increases chances to succeed when applying for internship, higher education or setting up business.
There were 2 volunteers coming to the Slovenian host organisation, one from Latvia and the other from the Netherlands. Both volunteers coming to Društvo za dušo had a need to develop personal and professional skills and competences to be better equipped on employment market and were interested in healthy lifestyle and eco-soul tourism.
The volunteers were actively engaged in learning how to organise educational and/or tourism-related activities on the topic of healthy lifestyle, personal and professional development, spirituality and ecology from the preparation to the evaluation phase, Slovenian lessons, putting their own creativity into action, writing a diary of learning outcomes, do sightseeing and visiting cultural and sporting events.
Some of the results and impact envisioned were
- inhanced personal and professional skills and competences that according to European Commission survey increased the volunteer's internship and employment opportunities
- increased appreciation for intercultural diversity
- a healthier, more balanced lifestyle (from the physical, mental and emotional view) and consequently happier life
- increased knowledge of Erasmus+ program, EVS, Youthpass, Europass CV and motivation to become a volunteer or to apply for and EVS accreditation and host/send one.
- More experience in mentoring an EVS volunteer and managing a long-term project
The long-term effect has been networking with EU partners and an increased motivation among our partners in the country and in Europe to provide such a learning experience for youth in their organisation.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation