Growing up together/ Creciendo juntos
Start date: Sep 1, 2015,
End date: Sep 30, 2016
The aim of the “Asociacion Vasija” is to participate in European voluntary programmes to carry out in the shelters that the organization manages. There are 2 shelter and both of them are placed in Guadalajara, small city located in the middle of the Iberian Peninsula and one hour far from Madrid by public transport. The volunteers are expected to participate, plan and prepare activities in the afternoons so that the kids are available and out of school.
As the children are aged from 0 to 18, the activities are different depending on the group to work with, the task are basically the followings:
• To help children doing homework, above all English and French homework.
•To go with children to different activities out of school and for the free time.
•To support the house tasks.
• To supervise and look after minors
• To provide a good environment based on the acceptance, security and affection.
• To help to find out and carry out their physics, intellectual and emotional abilities, benefiting their growth.
• To promote the minor insertion in the society in a responsible and constructive way, encouraging relation rules, solidarity, respect and democratic skills.
• To plan and carry out educative funny and illustrative tasks needed to develop the residential assistance programme.
• The activities schedule is from Monday to Friday, from 16 to 22h. The volunteer works one weekend per month.
All of them should be carried out in an active and participative way, both from the children and from the educators and volunteers.
The organization can host 2 volunteers for this project, talking about their profiles; previous volunteering, camp and social worker experiences are valued positively. However, the most value issue is motivation and their willingness to learn and take part in the project.
The results and the impact are expected to be good. On the one hand, the children and volunteers will acquire knowledge of other realities, will develop and mature a tolerant, solidary and critique mind to solve and face problems. On the other hand, the impact in the shelters, in the community and in the volunteers is believed to be good: knowledge, cultures, ways of life are shared as a manner to learn that the differences of everyone enrich the group, experiences that will contribute in their day by day for the future.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation