Grandir en Europe
Start date: Sep 1, 2014,
End date: Aug 31, 2016
« Growing up in Europe » project is a result of an interactive and collective thinking which involved many stakeholders. The project is conceived bearing in mind the global perspective and active involvement of schools (professionals and trainees), local representatives, childcare organizations and university researchers from France, Turkey, Romania and Finland.
This is a two-year mobility project which will start in September 2014 and will end in September 2016. It contains two interrelated activities : sharing experience about and comparing childcare systems in partner countries and implementation of innovative work methods in education and training.
The project reflects various expectations of many players involved professionally in childcare matters and is based on multiple objectives such as :
1) Improving the existing offer of educational and vocational provisions in order to adapt them to growing professional demands (by collecting and analysing different childcare techniques, workshops and mobility organizing...)
2) Promoting the implementation of innovative practice in schools, childcare organizations, associations, local communities, in short, by all the players involved in professional field of early childhood. Thus, numerous players are involved: trainees, stuff, teacher/trainers, researchers, local representatives, associations and others from every country involved in the project.
In total, there will be about 200 persons directly or indirectly involved in the project. Numerous activities are planned : international meetings (among participants), activities concerning education and vocation experiences (mobility of students and trainees and short-term training for adult professionals), surveys, case-studies, interviews, workshops of cross-examination of experiences, artistic workshops, summary and analysis of different childcare techniques, making of a game platform (by collecting games for children during mobility process), Conference about early childhood matters.
In order to run this project appropriately, we use different tools for project management, timetables, Gantt chart ect...which allows us to achieve a good coordination and respect of the deadlines.We have set up different protocols with our partners in order to smooth the progress of this project: mandate between the partners, mobility contract, financial contract, recruitment of an assistant for administrative and financial management of the project. All partners are devoted to respect the procedures as well as alternative plans in case of unforeseen circumstances.
The most significant results of this project are directly induced by following activities and their concrete results : collecting and analyzing practice in childhood matters, making game platform, reports writing and Conference about early childhood matters...as well more subtle outcomes such as improved knowledge and experience of the participants, improved language skills, an ability to navigate cross-cultural differences.
Thus, the analysis of different practice in childhood matters will be a key support for a Conference about Childcare matters in France. For this occasion, the participants will have to elaborate their notes and analysis they made during the mobility process. This collective work will be published in professional reviews and the participants will have to cooperate on a common article concerning the objectives of the projects.
The schools, Vocational Training centers and other organizations involved in the project will also take benefits from mobility project by taking possibility to improve their teaching methods and managing capacities. This might result by making strategic partnership in childcare matters.
In the long run there will be multiple benefits from the project such as:
1) Possibility to update and enrich existing teaching methods
2) Potential innovation of teaching methods
3) Creating a international network of Childcare professionals
4) Permanent international exchange on childcare matters
5) Proposing a work placement possibilities for trainees and students in partner countries
6) New strategic partnership of French and European organizations
7) Better valorization and recognition of different players involved in Childcare matters
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation