Globalitation of Health Care
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
This Project has been an important trend towards internationalization in EFA Torrealedua. Two students were selected to do a mobility in Malta from March to May 2016. The VET students were recent graduates in Nursing Assistant. They have done an internship in the health care field. This period has given the students more experience, an important factor in order to find a job.
The mobility has allowed the students to improve their linguistics competences, as well as their professional and personal development. They have achieved the maturity and the autonomy that only an abroad period can provide. All of these aspects have increased the possibility to start a job, principal goal in this project. One of the participant has already found a job in Spain when finishing the mobility and the other one wants to keep studying.
Some of the project activities have been:
- An intensive language course (English) as a complement to the online course project.
- Before the mobility, the participants have prepared a work about the culture in Gozo in order to make the most of the time in that country.
- The participants have sent to the coordinator in EFA Torrealedua a self-assessment questionnaire during the mobility and at the end, in order to know the competences acquired and the difficulties.
- The tutor in the receiving company has sent as well questionnaires to evaluate each participant; one during the mobility and one at the end of this period.
- The participants have sent photos to the sending organization in order to do the maxim dissemination.
- On the way back, the participants have made a meeting for the other students about their experience, in order to motivate all of them to participate in Erasmus mobility.
This project not only has had an impact for the participants, but for every student in EFA Torrealedua, for the staff and public in general, thanks to the maximum spreading through the webpage, Facebook, blog, talks and so on.
Because EFA Torrealedua is a rural school, the students are afraid to participate in a mobility programme. With the spread we expect to increase the number of mobilities in the future, to open up the student's mind, making them aware of the importance of acquiring linguistic skills,…
Different activities have taken place to evaluate the project, as surveys to participants, students and teachers, both before and after the mobility. The results have demonstrated that there are more students who want to participate in a Erasmus mobility.
With this project we expect to increase the EFA Torrealedua prestige and we would like to become a reference centre in European projects in the future.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation