Give (me) a smile
Start date: Aug 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
Project Give (me) a smile was held in ŠENT in Trbovlje and Mladinski center Trbovlje. ŠENT was a host organisation and MCT a coordinating organisation. In the period from 1st September till 29th January we hosted a volunteer from Italy. She spent 4 days a week in ŠENT and 1 day in MCT. In cooperation with the users of ŠENT she participated and helped in group discussions, creative workshops, discussion groups, sports activities and socializing events in order to help them to rehalibitate, become more self-confident and strenghten their feeling of their own value. She presented them a new culture and got to know their problems with finding a job. The volunteer got to know not only the users and staff of ŠENT, but also people from other organisations, since she worked with different local organizations and associations. In that way the volunteer introduced a whole new approach to the society for the users of ŠENT and enabled them easier integration into the local community, besides that they got new international experiences that they usually don't have the chance to. The volunteer carried out the second part of the activities in MCT, where she helped with the activities of our regular programme.
The aims of the project:
- The entreance of an EVS volunteer on a new field (mental disease),
- Oportunity for users of ŠENT to cooperate with intermational people,
- Strengthening English and the language of the volunteer,
- Cooperation of users with local people and organisation out of ŠENT,
- Cooperation between organisation in new projects,
- More socializing for users, employees and volunteer.
The objectives of the project are:
- To implement EVS in at least 5 daily centers of ŠENT,
- 4 days per week working in ŠENT and one day in the MCT,
- To encourage new people going on sending EVS projects,
- To support EVS volunteer to develop her own project within the VDC or MCT or common,
- Spreading intercultural dialog between the volunteer, users, youth and local people.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation