German Apprentices' Training X
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
Our vocational college "Berufskolleg an der Lindenstraße für Wirtschaft und Verwaltung" in Köln, Germany applied for funding by the programme Erasmus+ to be able to carry out the project "German Apprentices' Training in Europe X" ("GATE X") for 25 trainees for the tenth time. GATE X should financially enable our very good vocational school students - mangement assistants in office communications, management assistants in dialogue marketing, management assistants in sports and fitness - and a few students from our higher commercial school to do a four-week (three-week in the case of the students from higher commercial school) internship in companies and institutions in Hatfield, Hertfordshire, England or Rovaniemi, Finland. The new partner in Brussels provided one placement - only once. They were supposed to do tasks appropriate to their training in English only. The students' accommodation were host families and the local hall of residence.
Together with our partners in Hatfield and Rovaniemi our vocational college aims at achieving the following objectives:
- Students shall improve their language competence in English as well as their intercultural competence and shall acquire a positive attitude towards mobility and flexibility, which consequently shall provide them with better chances of finding a good post after their traineeship - not just in Germany but also in another European country;
- students' independence, their personal development shall be promoted;
- the quality of our vocational education shall be improved.
The project will be carried out by our school's EU coordinator acting together with the co-ordinator in Hatfield as well as tutors in the companies and institutions at which our students will do their internships.
As intended results the above-mentioned aims can be mentioned - added by the following further intended results:
- a strengthening of the European idea among our students
- a strengthening of our partnerships with Hatfield and Rovaniemi so that similar projects can be carried out in the future
- an improved image of "the German as such" among the students' colleagues, host families etc.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation