Gdynia strong with EVS volunteers 2015-2016
Start date: Jan 1, 2015,
End date: Dec 31, 2016
The objective of the project is to promote active civic engagement of young people, in particular, European citizenship, and attitudes of tolerance, openness and deeper mutual understanding and cooperation between youth from different countries. In addition, participation of young Europeans in international voluntary service will build up on their potential. The young people will gain new competencies, skills and knowledge demanded by the European labour market.
The project is directed at 3 target groups:
- 10 volunteers: from Spain (4 people), from Italy (2 people), from Romania (1 person), from Hungary (2 people), from Germany (1 person);
- partner organizations: 4 hosting organizations, 1 coordinating organization, and 6 sending
organizations from Programme Countries;
- local community of the Tri-City (Gdynia, Gdansk, Sopot), Poland.
The volunteers will work in 4 different fields:
- work with mentally disabled adults in Adapa Foundation, 2 volunteers from Hungary and from Spain, from February 2015 for 12 months;
- within the Foundation of Social Changes "the Creative" – work with local community at risk of social exclusion in a neglected district of Gdynia – Chylonia – in a resident’s centre "Apteka" (Polish for “Pharmacy”) – do we need this? (3 people from April 2015 for 12 months) and in a local Club for Youth (1 person from February to 12 months) and in 2 children-and-youth clubs in other districts of Gdynia: Oksywie (1 person from February 2015 for 12 months) and Dąbrowa (1 person from February 2015 for 12 months). In February will arrive 1 person from Romania and 2 people from Spain, in April – from Italy, Hungary and Germany;
- work with youth and children in an interactive science museum Gdynia Science Centre EXPERYMENT, 1 volunteer from Italy starts in February 2015 for 12 months;
- work with ill and disabled children based on dog therapy methods in Dogtor Foundation, 1 volunteer from Spain since February 2015 for 12 months.
The project will boost the interest and engagement of young people in local and international social activities, increase their feeling of leverage and eagerness to shape the surrounding reality. People involved directly and indirectly in the activities will broaden their horizons through contact with volunteers from other countries, become more tolerant and open to dialogue and international cooperation. The European volunteers will acquire new competences, knowledge and skills that will be useful in their subsequent professional and personal development.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation