GARAC: a school going towards the future: Developi..
GARAC: a school going towards the future: Developing professional skills on European level
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
The project "GARAC: a school going towards the future: Developing professional skills on European level" is a true evolution for the GARAC which is involved in the European Mobility since 2008 thanks to the subvention from Europ.
GARAC has a main mission to enable students to discover four different countries through culture, sports and professional life.
The project is based on:
- an exchange with Czech Republic: a partnership since 2004 for a four-week period with an automotive school from Holice with a car competition.
- an exchange with the professional organization IDAN for a three-week period thanks to the French collegues ANFA which helps schools to get in touch with schools from this country in order to carry on the Erasmus + project
- an exchange with a lithuanian school, Vilnius Car Mechanics, for a period of two weeks and the development of a long-term cooperation with the competition on the mechanics skills.
- a new echange with a Polish school, Zespół Szkół Samochodowych im. inż. Tadeusza Tańskiego, thanks to our lithanian partner for a two-week periond that we would like to start this year with a stress put on hybrid and electronic vehicles
- an exchange with a greek school, 1st EPAL Amaliadas, thanks to the organization COPAE for a two-week period.
The project is based on three main items:
- the length of the mobility: from two up to four weeks depending on the country. Students gain a huge experience from the country they discover: a different culture far from what they are used to.
- an exchange: the purpose of the exchange is to build a true cooperation between our country and the others to develop communication between students from the first exchange and with the arrival of the students they've been exchanging with since the last time they've met.
- the work placement which enables students to discover their work done in a different country with different methods. The practise they would gain during their work placement will be assessed for their final exam. It will give them the opportunity to develop their skills. The choice of the companies and the position of our students are done on a mutual agreement with our partners and their helps. For our students which will go in Lithuania or in Greece, they will spend some time in the workshops of the schools in order to discover how the courses are done through themes and the second week they will go in car companies to develop their skills.
This year, we will participate in the competition called Car Mechanic Junior thanks to our Lithanian partner which made us discover this professionnal competition among 10 foreign schools. The strong links that we were able to forge during the competition in Macedonia enable us to find a new partner with Poland based on the hybrid and electric cars. This theme is very modern and already a big part in the new program of the BAC Pro and the up coming program of the BTS AVA.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation