FUNDRAISERS IN ACTION
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: Apr 30, 2016
Title : FUNDRAISERS IN ACTION (FIA)
Co-financing E + projects from public / local / regional / national and private resources has been a goal often failed among partner organizations, especially because the additional cash resources obtained are very small and generating low value added.
The shortcomings in fundraising for youth workers which partner organizations have may couse unintended consequences, among which the following:
-co-lower empowerment of local communities sending and hosting youth mobility
- a weaker assumption of "ownership" of youth work processes and outcomes among target groups & stakeholders
- lower capacity operating at European / international and inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities from the local target groups (for example, if mobility EVS).
Development during the 11 months of the project among youth workers 72 participants from RO, TR, GR, BG, EE, PL, SK, CZ, HR, IT, ES, PT, MT, CY, LV transverse skills
1) necessary to identify specific needs for co-financing of projects E + and complementary sources of funding
2) necessary to attract money and in kind co-financing for projects E +
3) appropriate management of project stakeholders donors E +
PARTICIPANTS GENERAL PROFILE :
Youth workers of the partner organizations with less than 1 year old with direct responsibilities in fundraising / in-kind projects E + (alternative fundraising tasks) communication skills in English (official language of the project)
-strong motivated to take part in each stage of the project
-availability about involvement in all phases of the project
THE MAIN ACTIVITIES consist of three mobility trainings courses hosted in Dolj county.
[mobility no.1]: 1-13 September 2015 (total of 24 trainees, by 2 per organization)
-partners from : RO, TR, GR, BG, EE, PL, SK, CZ, HR, IT, ES, PT
[Mobility no. 2]: 11 to 23 November 2015 (a total of 24 trainees, by 2 per organization)
-partners from : RO, TR, MT, BG, EE, RO, SK, CZ, HR, IT, ES, PT
[mobility no.3]: 11 to 23 February 2016 (total of 24 trainees, by 2 per organization)
- partners from : RO, TR, CY, BG, EE, PL, SK, RO, PT, IT, ES, LV
Coordinating partner (and hosting responsibilities) FIA Project: PRO CIVICA Oltenia
Experimental methodology/non formal of the project involves solutions such as:
Introductory ice breakers, mutual knowledge etc.
Content: for the development of knowledge / skills / attitudes and the learning needs of the trainees in the thematic area "fundraising" (joint workshops, quizzes, interactive presentations, case studies, facilitated discussions, study visits, simulation "tv show "etc)
Social coagulation, training & team building and exploration of intercultural and cultural hosting space
Energizing / ventilation
Evaluation & Reflection (for Youth pass)
Practical training phase for "follow-up"
The main results of the project are the ones related with the learning process
When consider that by the end of the mobility, the youth workers will be able to
A] Identify specific needs of co financing in youth working filed in general and in Erasmus + in particular
B] To identify, describe and prioritize co-financing sources in youth work.
C] To identify, describe and prioritize online and offline solutions in order to attract co finance in youth worker filed (money or in kind of Erasmus+ projects)
D] To identify management solutions for stakeholders to simplify the donating process.
Besides the positive impact we estimate that the mobility will have on the participating youth workers p (through particularly valuable skills developed so much needed in the youth work), we anticipate that project implementation will be likely to have positive consequences in the medium-term as:
• increasing the co- responsibility of the local sending or hosting communities involved in mobility projects by co financing the projects (“crowd funding”;”silent auctions”, donation collected in voluntary activities )
• Increased "ownership" of the youth works processes and outcomes among target groups & donors stakeholders (integration of Erasmus+ projects in CSR programs)
• Greater capacity of operating at European / international level and inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities from the local community (by covering exceptional costs ineligible E + programme eg related to young people with fewer opportunities
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation