Frühpädagogische Curricula und Professionalisierun..
Frühpädagogische Curricula und Professionalisierung in Europa - Kompetenzerweiterung für Lernende und für Bildungspersonal
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
The vocational school for child care Krumbach proposes a motion for Erasmus+ with the title: “Early childhood educational curricula and professionalization in Europe – expansion of competence for learners and school education staff.”
The biennial project aims to improve the quality of the vocational training for learners and school education staff with the help of “work-based learning”.
Following topics for learners and school education staff are covered in the project:
- Intercultural education and lifelong learning
- Pedagogy and didactics of early childhood education and upbringing
- Deepening of international relations
- Improve foreign language skills
Our three partner organizations are:
- Savo College for Social, Health and Sports with kindergartens in Kuopio, Finland
- Educational institution for early years’ and nursery education with training kindergarten in Pressbaum/Vienna Austria
- German School London with bilingual kindergarten in Richmond, United Kingdom
Exemplary aims for:
- Professionalization of the school education staff, because teachers have little opportunity to take part in further training abroad
- Internationalization is an important part of school development
- get to know the differences in education programs for the early childhood development and compare and assess these differences
- to learn how to handle the interaction with children of other cultures so as to face changes of Bavarian early childhood education facilities (children with a migrant background - current refugee situation)
- improve the foreign language skills
the school education staff:
- development of intercultural professional competence
- get to know teaching methods abroad for differentiation and individual support in order to improve the quality of teaching
- cultural sensitive treatment and empathy with students with migrant background
In both project years we dispatch 28 learners in total of the first and second year of the full-time vocational school for childcare in six flows for three weeks as well as nine teachers of the vocational school for childcare for one week each.
Activities for learners:
- practical experience in a kindergarten abroad
- participation in training
- cultural program
Activities for school education staff:
- job shadowing in a school and/ or kindergarten abroad
- teaching in a partner school
- cultural program
For quality assurance of learning stays and promoting transparency the vocational school for child care works with ECVET instruments (Memorandum of understanding and Learning agreement as well as Europass mobility) and ECEVET instruments (description of learning outcomes and definition of units of learning outcomes). Thus, the recognition of prior learning outcomes and competences is guaranteed.
Learners are professional, socio-cultural, educational and organizational prepared in preparation seminars. Regarding the monitoring the host organization conduct regularly talks with the learners to reflect the professional and personal learning progress and they discuss cooperatively.
The mobility participants are usually minor. Therefore, they are accompanied throughout the learning period abroad by teachers or educational specialists of the day-care centers in the district of Günzburg. The accompanying personal in the field of child care centers has several advantages:
• Cooperation with the vocational school is intensified.
• They learn about other early educational systems and institutions abroad and benefit from these experiences for their own institution
• They contribute as multipliers for dissemination
Every day the learning progress is evaluated with help of daily reports. A portfolio about the period abroad reflects the entire learning stay.
With the help of IMPAECT product "Assessment of Learning Outcomes" acquired skills will be reflected by the learners and assessed by the tutor of the host organization at the end of the stay
An evaluation form of the sending institution evaluates the experiences of the participants after returning.
The Memorandum of Understanding is reflected after each flow in a final discussion.
The results of the evaluation are incorporated into subsequent mobility projects.
The participants share and pass on their experiences in internal school events and in public events, too. This answers our schools purpose to the intercultural and international opening to the outside.
The results of the project are presented at events of regional network partners.
Public relations and reports on the homepage complement the distribution.
In the long term the school location of the vocational school for child care Krumbach as a training school for state-qualified assistant nursery teachers are strengthened by the project Erasmus+ as a unique feature in the region.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation