Fortbildung der Fremdsprachenlehrkräfte
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
We would like to send 7 of our foreign language teachers to the United Kingdom and two of them to Spain for language and teacher training courses because:
- they have not had any training courses in any English speaking country for many years
- their mother tongue is not English or Spanish but German
- all of those nine teachers constantly have to teach advanced students, most often major courses, which means they have to prepare them for their final exams, the Abitur
- those teachers criticize that they feel that their English ot Spanish is not always authentic
- they wish to gain more flexibility and spontaneity when talking English and Spanish
- they want to teach their pupils (even) more efficiently than they already do
- the standard at the Kaiserin-Friedrich-Gymnasium is quite high, especially because it is a bilingual school where students can do the CIA-Certificate and the CertiLingua-Exzellenzlabel. Teaching pupils on such a high level is a challenge for each non-native language teacher, too.
- they do not only wish to update their English and Spanish based on real life models of the language but also to learn about British and Spanish culture in a direct, experiential manner
- They wish to get into contact with teachers from different countries in order to receive new ideas and inspiration and maybe they even finding new schools for exchange programmes
The courses of preference are: English Language Improvement for Teachers, Teaching Advanced Learners , British Life, Language and Culture, Methodology and Language for Secondary Teachers, Teaching with Minimum Materials, Teachers as Leaders/Working with Difficult Pupils.
We want our nine colleagues to further improve their language, intercultural, methodological and teaching competences. We are confident that they will serve as multipliers and that our school on the whole and especially the pupils would profit from their teachers’ newly gained experiences and their enhanced teaching and language skills.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation