Formarea profesorilor la standarde europene
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
The project "Training teachers to European standards" is the result of collaboration between teachers of the Economic College "Partenie Cosma". After analyzing the needs of the school, they came up with the idea of initiating this project to strengthen professional, language and intercultural skills, to respond to the development needs of the school, teachers and students. During needs analysis phase they collected information on curricula, teaching and learning methods used, the obstacles and difficulties faced by students and teachers in their work, and these served to establish the target group. After the analysis it was found that the following issues require attention:
- Acquisition and consolidation of knowledge on ICT use in the classroom
- Modernization of pedagogical practices
- Creating stronger learning motivations for students
- A better opening of the school towards European school environment
The objectives targeted by the project are:
1. Implementation of a better class and school management through the use of active and participative methods, group work
2. Development of intercultural competences in order to promote educational equity.
3. Design and development of learning tools on a platform (Moodle).
4. Using multimedia resources in the classroom, enriching classroom practices by using the Interactive Whiteboard (IWB), learning and using of web 2.0 tools.
5. Enrichment of ICT and language skills.
6. Increasing students’ awareness on the fact that by learning they will achieve a successful career.
Through this project, a total of 12 teachers will attend training at European standards. 9 teachers (economics, geography, history, mathematics, religion, Romanian and French) will attend classes in French in France. The topics are: ICT, methodic and teaching – innovative techniques, active and participative methods, civilization. 3 teachers who teach Romanian and English will attend courses in England and Ireland on the following topics: leadership and management, Motivating challenging young people, social skills in classroom
Selected activities, after consulting of training institutions sites/officers, are targeting the following fields:
- Objectives: enhancement of ICT skills, discovering / deepening notions of communicative approach and teaching scenario, knowledge of web 2.0 tools., the integration of ICT in the classroom, Interactive Whiteboard - available resources and their integration in the classroom, analyzing and selecting multimedia resources, creating teaching sequences and activities by integrating multimedia resources.
Objectives: discovery of innovative practices and interactive methods, creating learning motivation, leadership and management strategies, use of the video sequences in the foreign languages classes, using of websites.
Objectives: Encouraging debates on contemporary French society topics through French media, cinema and music, the approach of European culture through cinema, music and television personalities, traditions, European school system.
An important stage of the project is the selection of the participants. During this stage questionnaires were applied, aiming at finding teachers’ motivation to attend an abroad training and describing the impact of these courses on teaching. The selection stages will be: interview, language tests and a test of computer usage. Before the courses, participants will go through stages of pedagogical, linguistic and cultural training, will be consulted and informed regarding the courses they wish to follow, periods of training, accommodation, transport, etc. The selection board will ask participants to prepare their European CV, Language Passport, Europass Mobility Certificate; at the end of the training they will receive certificates of participation and they will make the necessary steps to achieving the equivalence in professional transferable credit points for the attended courses. Training activities will have a positive impact on the participant teachers by improving professional, language and intercultural skills, on the students that will learn at European standards through innovative methods, on the non-participant teachers who will have full access to all information regarding the courses, on the entire institution which will improve and strengthen its European dimension. The project team will follow the way each participant will do the dissemination of achieved knowledge in order to have a strong impact of the training and I order to have a large number of people that are going to benefit from the results of training. Internal evaluation of the project implementation will be carried out by the project team by observing the quality of the activities in order to improve community awareness.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation