Fora da Caixa- intercâmbio Jovens e Criatividade
Start date: Aug 1, 2015,
End date: Oct 31, 2015
The project "Fora da Caixa " ("Unboxed") proposes to take another step in working with vulnerable youth / social exclusion from consolidation of international networking, the Youth Foundation and, FUNDESPLAI has developed, and to promote the objectives that they share with the Erasmus +.
It proposes the participation of 30 young people in vulnerable social situation of two participating countries: Portugal and Spain. Each partner organization will select 15 young people to participate in this project.
Young people between 18 and 25 years, with different socio-demographic profiles: young people at risk of vulnerability or risk of social exclusion, young students and / or young workers, all / as linked to organizations / institutions or projects for youth in course in the two partner organizations.
The project aims:
- To promote and develop the skills of active citizenship, critical and committed among the young participants from the perspective of culture and creativity;
- To foster the integral development of the young people by developing their creative ability and interaction with other young Europeans, a bilingual and intercultural context focused on overcoming social barriers. Economic, and cultural.
- Encourage the empowerment of youth through the Theatre of the Oppressed methodology, working with them to self management work, youth leadership and empowerment of their skills and abilities.
-to promote mutual understanding between young people from two different countries, to develop solidarity and promote tolerance in order to strengthen social cohesion in the EU.
- To facilitate effective learning peers and the exchange of experience and good practice in a playful manner, and based on the recreational working methods and non-formal education, facilitating and stimulating creativity, imagination, etc. This process will works trajectories and life experiences of the young participants.
- Consolidate and strengthen networking generated from previous experiences between national and international youth organizations.
- Contribute to improving the quality of support systems for youth activities and strengthen the capacity of civil society organizations in the youth field.
- Improving self-esteem and personal development of participants.
The project will organize a youth exchange to be held in the Fundação da Juventude headquarters in Porto, and in Santa Maria da Feira, between 2 and 9 August 2015.
Expected long-term benefits: The young participants of the Youth Exchange will have more ideas and information about the youth reality in each country: Portugal and Spain and what situations they live, what concerns and motivations young people have, and what activities are being developed by them as a means of improving their situations of vulnerabilities. They will generate skills and competencies and formal and informal learning processes impactful for themselves and other young people.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation