Start date: Jan 5, 2015,
End date: Jan 5, 2016
The whole idea of sharing different cultures to the younger generations has to do with the contemporary perception that there is a community larger than their own country, where everyone is included and all contribute to galvanize it.
The way to make it happen so as not to destroy cultural traditions and social differences, creating misunderstandings, will be by promoting contact between people from different countries that will share their own heritage, language and tradition in an environment that encourages sharing and understanding each other, as we believe that by using the international dimension as a learning tool will enlarge this spirit making the learning process much easier and funnier. It was on this basis that Gaiac understood to participating on EVS.
GAIAC would like to host active, creative, dynamic and open-minded people and organizations that like to work with young people and share different kinds of culture and experiences.
Since the target group is young people it is recommended that the volunteers have the will to work with children or teenagers even though a special type of school or university finishing is not required.
Volunteer will have the chance to:
- learn portuguese language;
- search and learn different methodologies in art and culture education, specially in a non-formal context;
- meet young people in schools and share with them all different roots and backgrounds;
- plan along with Gaiac members artistic workshops, youth-exchange and life long learning projects;
- participate in every project that Gaiac hosts and have the possibility to work with the whole european network, Drums for Peace.
- get in touch with various art forms and local exhibitions;
- get to know the local culture and to live in a different environment from what they are use to.
It is intended that the sharing of cultures is focused on the similarities and differences among all participants, the learning process of new languages and understandings of common values. It mainly focus on how communication can be encouraged while respecting individual and group wishes and the various identities that are part of an European culture.
The methodologies used are on a non-formal basis, with ice-breaking games and group dynamics and open space technique, using art as a tool to communicate and brake misconceptions. The whole project will live along with other partner organizations from Drums for Peace networking, promoting a deeper way to acknowledge good practices in communication at an international level.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation