Förderung der Fremdsprachenkenntnisse zur Verbesse..
Förderung der Fremdsprachenkenntnisse zur Verbesserung der Beschäftigungsfähigkeit in einem zunehmend globalisierten Arbeitsmarkt
Start date: Jul 10, 2015,
End date: Jul 9, 2016
The focus of our school is technical education (mechanical engineering/lightweight construction and automation engineering). There is a very close cooperation with internationally operating companies. Therefore the continuing educational training of our staff is one of our main goals to meet the high demands of teaching in the 21st century.
Our school is planning to send 3 teachers of engineering, science and business subjects to CLIL courses to English-speaking European countries. One colleague already participated in the ERASMUS+ programme last year. The experience and newly-gained knowledge should be extended in follow-up projects. This mobility increases the foreign language skills of teachers as well as pupils and enhances the employability of our students in an increasingly globalized job market.
Expected results of the project are:
- Improvement of the language skills and the language awareness of teachers and students.
- Getting to know new teaching materials and ideas for lesson plans.
- Promotion of cross-cultural learning through CLIL lessons.
- Establishing international contacts for the exchange of information among teaching staff.
Expected benefit of the mobility:
- Improved foreign language skills of teachers and students
- Enhancing the reputation of the teaching profession
- Increase of the European dimension at school
- National and international networking
- Spread of knowledge
- Use of new teaching and learningmethods
- Improvement of key competences for lifelong learning
- A new variety of methods
- Ideas for raising the self-confidence, intercultural awareness, openness in cultural issues and tolerance.
- Increase of intercultural competence, i.e. understanding people from different European countries in political and economic terms.
- Broadening of the horizon and strengthening of the personality
- Enhancing motivation and self-assurance.
The students are going to benefit the most from this teacher training because the newly-acquired teaching methods and the refreshed language skills are immediately applied in the lessons. The European dimension and thinking will be established in the classroom and should motivate the students to start thinking in global terms and should raise their desire to spend some time abroad.
Long term benefits:
The long term benefits of this project lie in the continued motivation of all persons involved. New teaching and learning methods will be applied. This increases the communication skills and results in an extension of the methodological repertoire in the following areas:
- Involvement of the whole personality in language learning
- Ideas on how to increase self-confidence
- Intercultural awareness
- Tolerance and individuality are promoted in the long term
Likewise case centered learning will be applied and the students are confronted with project work. The reading - and writing skills in a foreign language are greatly improved.
The establishment of school partnerships is a further long-term benefit of this project.
Through the teaching of cross-cultural competences and skills needed in the 21st century there will be an improvement of the performance of our students in the long term. We are convinced that through these measures our students get equipped with the necessary knowledge and the required skills to succeed at the international job market.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation