FOCUS ON EUROPE
Start date: May 4, 2015,
End date: Aug 4, 2015
FOCUS ON EUROPE, has been a project included within the program Erasmus plus they tried to use an activity, an art, something in the life of all people as it is photography as a tool for social cohesion, inclusion, non-discrimination and it has promoted awareness of European citizenship among all participants and organizers of the same, as well as the local community.
The meeting was held within the project in Purchena, Andalusia (Spain).
Activity in Purchena meeting of 07.13.2015 to 07.18.2015 and total duration of the project; 3 months.
The 5 countries that participated in the project were: Romania, Italy, Estonia, Portugal and Spain. With a total of 32 participants.
Student Profile: young people under 30 years were: social workers, youth workers, youth leaders or not they had experienced in the art of photography and who used it or would like to use as a means or as an educational factor social.
Learning objectives we got were:
• Promote the active citizenship of young people in general and European citizenship in particular because through photography is possible to share experiences and at the same time be protagonists in the creation of something new.
• Develop solidarity and promote tolerance among young people, in order to reinforce social cohesion in the European Union, as it focuses on the understanding of others and in particular the traditions and customs that are the basis for understanding the Current dynamics.
• foster mutual understanding between young people from different countries come together for a week.
• Contribute to improving the quality of support systems for youth activities and the development of the skills of civil society organizations in the field of youth, as they acquire practical knowledge through technical knowledge, photography itself and artistic skills.
As a priority at all times we had these:
• The participation of young people.
• Cultural diversity.
• Inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities, some of the participants are less likely (disability, financial hardship and passport)
• Inclusive growth: we offer a path of mutual growth through an artistic language of photography.
• Creativity and entrepreneurship: above all creativity is stimulated, but in order to provide practical tools for improving the lives of each participant.
• As we make tangible goal after this meeting a free photo exhibition. We already have the support of the Youth Information Centre of Purchena and the City Council for their Installations exposure.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation