Fill in the gap
Start date: Jan 15, 2015,
End date: Jul 15, 2015
Title: Fill in the gap - european training course for youth leaders from contexts facing social and geographical obstacles.
Saluzzo (Cuneo) Italy, April 11-19 2015
The activity is aiming at giving youth from different european countries the tools to carry on youth exchange projects in the frame of the Erasmus + (KA1) with a focus on inclusion and active participation of youth with geographical and social obstacles in Europe.
As follow up of the training course participants are supposed to organize youth exchange projects in various European countries and an user friendly toolkit to multiply the experience and competence at local level within their organizations and communities.
The training course is organised by Giosef–Unito and the City Council of Saluzzo
Aim and objectives:
The main aim of the training course is developing competences in project management of youth exchanges for youth leaders and animators active in their local contexts facing geographical and social obstacles such as rural areas, disadvantage suburbs, high rate of youth unemployement etc.
Methodology and Programme:
The course methodology will be participant-centred; working methods will be varied and interactive in order to ensure a balance between theory and practice. Working groups will be combined with theoretical inputs and visits to local organisations.
The programme will focus on the following topics:
1. Erasmus +: Introduction, background, the actions of the Programme with focus on KA1;
2. European dimension of a youth exchange: Europe: concepts, reality, institutions and policies;
3. Intercultural learning:
• Methods, approaches and analysis;
• Intercultural learning methods in youth exchanges;
4. Project management: aims, objectives, methodologies and follow up;
5. Evaluation: evaluation of all phases of a youth exchange project;
6. Inclusion of youth from social and disadvantege territories: study visits in local communities, develop projects on group needs.
At the end of the course participants will devolop at least one youth exchange on the basis of their local needs and motivations and will create one “user-friendly” toolkit providing basic information for young people on how to easily acces the opportunities of the new Erasmus + programme.
Team of trainers and organizers
The training course is prepared by an intercultural team of trainers and staff from the partner organizations ensuring a balance between senior and junior trainers and youth leaders. In this way the organization of the project itself is an opportunity to empower youth in a lerning by doing experience.
The training course will gather young people (youth leaders, volunteers, youth workers, etc):
• Are aged between 18 and 26 years (exceptions if justified);
• Active in their local organisations/communities;
• Are interested in setting up international exchange projects;
• Are able to work in English;
• Are able to attend the full duration of the activity.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation