Fade-Up the Voice of Youth - Gençliğin Sesini Aç
Start date: Aug 1, 2015,
End date: Dec 31, 2016
Our project is an EVS project, activities of which will be conducted in cooperation with our Hungarian partner at the Governorship of Çankırı External Affairs and Projects Coordination Center.
External Affairs and Projects Coordination Center gives technical support to organizations and institutions who prepare projects, makes administrative assistance, helps them participate as partners in current projects and ensures the fulfillment of the project leadership and adviser when necessary.
NGOs and youngsters from high schools and universities whose age ranges are suitable for youth projects are given periodic trainings in a year to benefit effectively from national and international funding sources and are provided support for participation in active life.
To make young people who are unaware of running NGOs in Europe, youth activity works and youth activities more conscious, to provide information about life in Europe, project activities, European opportunities of youth field and the participation of young people into European activities, we would like to receive a volunteer within European Voluntary Service who will be selected among young volunteers to particularly actively participate in youth projects or is willing to participate in such projects because it is thought that it will be more effective and useful than our own employees do when a young from Europe explains those activities.
It is aimed that the projects will be the voice of youth by their active participation in social life with the projects they prepare in accordance with their needs by becoming well-equipped for preparation and implementation of the projects.
During and after the project, the volunteer
- will develop the ability of recognition of different cultures, monitoring the social life closely, adapting to a new environment, working in a team and being in cooperation with group.
- will increase their self-confidence by carrying out volunteering activities abroad.
- will have a chance to practice a new language.
- will increase the awareness of the importance of language learning of the people to whom they will appeal.
- will expand the point of view of young people to the voluntary activities by informing them about running of NGOs in their own country and involvement of young people in volunteering activities.
- will improve themselves about preparing projects by having chance to monitor Project activities carried out by our External Relations and Projects Coordination Center.
- will both increase their own knowledge and competence and have the opportunity to transfer good practices and non-formal education methods into their own works by attending the trainings performed through non-formal education methods.
Our project consists of a 12-month-activity plan. The main activities to be carried out weekly by the volunteer are as follows;
- Office work (Helping with the works related to projects, trainings, organizations and communication activities),
- Compiling the proper subject for youth projects,
- Social networking activities about projects,
- Visiting the Youth Center and helping young people to involve in the projects,
- Visiting the schools around the region implementing EU projects,
Visit the schools follow the EU projects in the area, monitoring of social media activities related to the Project,
- Potential projects to be contacted with partners from different European countries,
- Contacting possible project partners in different European countries,
- Participation in Project Cycle Management trainings.
It will be provided that the volunteer will attend 6-hour-Turkish Language Course per week.
As dissemination activity of project results, the volunteer will tell about the activities done in their own country and the volunteering activities carried out here in Turkey at the Compliance Advisory and Guidance Committee of the European Union with public administrators, local authority representatives, head of departments and the representatives of NGOs. Also, the volunteer will provide information about those activities to the target groups at trainings attending during the volunteering activities, which helps to transfer European opportunities first-hand by giving information about the field of which the youth take advantage, and thus it has been created a great awareness on the target group.
The volunteering activities will be periodically disseminated during the process by announcing the EVS activities conducted within External Relations and Project Coordination Center through newsletters published by Governorship of Çankırı with the photograph of project activities.
When they are back to home, the volunteer will provide dissemination and information activities in their region by the help of sending organization about preparation and implementation of projects, project trainings, Turkish culture, social life in Turkey and experiences they get during the process.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation