Facing the challenge to support empower and entrep..
Facing the challenge to support empower and entrepreneurship for young women with fewer opportunities or disaventaged
Start date: Jan 5, 2015,
End date: Jan 4, 2017
The employment situation of young people 16 to 30 years in Europe is worrying with very high 20% average unemployment rate. However, for young women, the situation is particularly alarming with a record unemployment rate of 66.7% against 54.6% for young men (Sources INSEE 2013) in Guadeloupe in the French Outermost Regions.
Faced with a labor market with very high unemployment, entrepreneurship spirit is a viable alternative for the youth of this age. More and more young people are faced with the challenge of creating their own business to enter the labor market. In this context, youth workers have to be able to provide assistance and support tailored to young people by providing educational programs in entrepreneurship.
It is in this context that the project Youth Women Win convinced that the transfer of innovation, sharing best practices and coordination efforts are potentially more effective in the fight against youth unemployment that action isolated nationally .
The aim goal of the strategic partnership is to offer youth support workers to the position of business development and youth entrepreneurship, offering training and innovative methodological tools appropriate and effective in order to enhance their skills and competencies professional.
This training, transferable to local contexts, a stepping stone to a professional high quality European standards by transferring innovation of teaching methods and methodological tools.
As we aimed at youth on the margins of European workers offering training, we have the ambition to democratize professional support for young quality and offer it to everyone.
First, by testing the in situ process with a limited target group, evaluating the process before communicating and disseminating training provision at European scale.
The second objective is to create a transnational network of experienced youth workers on issues from education to women in business. Through this network, youth workers of various partners share tools, experiences and best practices, make new contacts. The referents of the project partner countries will also be invited to share their know-how on coaching from local partners.
This network is made possible by the diffusion and dissemination of project results :
- Dissemination of good practice reference guide,
- The establishment of a training package SAFE "Service Support to Female Entrepreneurship"
- Training Mission skills transfer youth workers
- the creation of a virtual resource center dedicated.
→ Expected impacts
- This strategic partnership project will serve as a springboard to a professional youth workers with European standards. They discover new tools and methods of work, meet and exchange with counterparts européens, expérimenter new form of non-formal learning;
- The dissemination plan for the project must promote awareness of local and national partners and to create positive conditions to women's entrepreneurship environment;
- Finally, it will facilitate the emergence of a new generation of young women entrepreneurs and lower female unemployment rate of this target group at local and national level.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation