Exchange and Training in Renewable Energy Sector
Start date: Nov 1, 2014,
End date: Oct 31, 2016
Environmental sustainability, efficient use of energy resources and development and use of renewable energies are European priorities (European Strategy 2020).
EC – DG Employment, Social Affaires and Inclusion states that more than 20 million workers in Europe are engaged in activities connected to environmental sustainability; moreover, in the upcoming years the request of Green Jobs will increase.
The project contributes to this trend and supports the training mission of Italian VETs, simplifying point of contact between students and Italian and European enterprises of green-economy sector.
150 young Italians will qualify their competences with a 2 months training in a sector enterprise in BE, EL, MT, PT, UK, ES.
The project will:
- transfer participants knowledge for working in the sectors: environmental sustainability, renewable energy production, recycling and green building;
- fulfil participants gap between hands-on training and future professional/university experience, by offering knowledge, experiential and language tools for continuing a career or university studies;
- offer participants the chance to be more competitiveness in the labour market, increasing: technical competences, experiential and soft skills;
- improve participants’ knowledge of foreign languages.
C. NUMBER AND PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS
Italian students (age 18/21) enrolled in VET (EQF Level 2, basic knowledge of the sector) or newly graduated (less than 1 year) (EQF Level 3), residents in Abruzzo, Marche, Toscana and Umbria.
Study sections: metalworker, metallurgic, electronics and ICT, electronics and automation, biology, chemistry, environmental biotechnologies, architecture.
D. DESCRIPTION OF ACTIVITIES
Activities are divided into 3 Macro-phases:
1. Mobilities preparation:
a. Partnership coordination;
b. Enrolment and selection of participants;
c. Participants preparation;
d. Management and organisation support to the whole project
2. Mobilities implementation:
a. Transnational training mobilities: 8 weeks:
Mobilities will take place during summer in order to avoid interfering with participants’ school commitments and classes. The duration has been decided in collaboration with VET partners, who have indicated the period as appropriate for: developing training plan in hosting enterprises; participants’ achievement of technical, professional knowledge, skills and competences as well as soft skills.
b. Monitoring and tutoring;
c. Training experience evaluation;
d. Acquired competences evaluation
3. Cross-sectional activities:
a. Administrative and financial evaluation;
b. Dissemination and follow-up.
Estra will manage the project; Mercury will coordinate.
Training plan in hosting enterprises will be organised in accordance with ECVET procedure: Units of Learning Outcomes (ULOs), with their activities and Learning Outcomes (LOs) (knowledge, skills and competences). Estra has prepared the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), which has been signed by all transnational partners. In line with MoU, ECVET-LAs will be elaborated. At the end of 2 months training, hosting enterprises will evaluate the LOs achievement through examination. Final evaluation will follow. Registers will show the number of daily hours training. They will be daily signed by tutor and trainee. Once having reports, applicant will start procedures for having Europass Mobility Certificates validated by Erasmus + National Agency.
Before departure, participants will attend the Online Linguistic Support tool. Participants moving to EL and PT will attend language and culture tuition at destination.
Each 14 days tutors and trainees will fulfil monitoring questionnaires.
OpenCom will realise a Web Platform for direct access (through username and password) to administrative documents, reports and monitoring questionnaires.
F. SHORT DESCRIPTION OF RESULTS
Leaning outcomes will be expressed in terms of knowledge, skills and competences. 150 students, who have carried out at leat 80% of training and have succeeded the final exam, will receive the Europass Mobility Certificate, where LOs will be validated.
The project will involve:
- 14 VET in 4 Italian regions (Abruzzo, Marche, Toscana, Umbria);
- 150 students and/or newly graduated (less than 1 year);
- 14 transnational partners in BE, EL, MT, PT, UK, ES;
- disadvantaged students participation will be enhanced (1 person per VET).
H. LONG TERM BENEFITS
Expected project impact will be: local, regional, national and European:
- young people employability in Green Economy will be enhanced;
- environmental sustainability and awareness on renewable energy resources in Italy and Europe will be enhanced, thanks to the creation of European and national networks.
Dissemination plan will enlarge project impact, improving its sustainability and highlighting European added value. It will be coordinated by OpenCom: non profit organisation, specialised in social communication.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation