EVS volunteers for Gdynia 2015-2016
Start date: May 1, 2015,
End date: May 1, 2017
The aim of the project is to promote active citizenship of young people, in particular, European citizenship and attitudes of tolerance, openness and deepen mutual understanding and cooperation between young people from different countries. In addition, through the participation of young Europeans in international volunteering their potential will be constructed. Young people will gain new competencies, skills and knowledge desirable in the European labor market.
The project consists of 2 activities (hosting volunteers in Poland and sending volunteers to Ukraine), and focuses on three target groups:
- 7 volunteers from the partner countries of Eastern Europe and the Caucasus countries: Ukraine (2 persons), Belarus (2 persons), Armenia (1 person), Georgia (1 person), Moldova (1 person) and 2 Polish volunteers;
- Partner organizations: 5 host organizations in Poland (including the coordinating organization - CWM), 1 host organization in Ukraine and 6 sending organizations of the partner countries and one polish sending organization (which is also the coordinating organization);
- the local community of Tri-City and Ukrainian town of Chernivtsi.
Volunteers will be working in Poland in 5 different fields:
- Working with children and young people from families with "problems" in the Association for Children and Youth "Vitava", from October 2015, 12 months and 2 volunteers (1 person from Ukraine and one from Armenia)
- Work with the local community in the districts of Gdynia in 2 different branches of the Public Library in Gdynia:
1 volunteer from Belarus and Moldova from 1 September 2015 for 12 months,
- Working with young people in Centre for Youth co-operation and Mobility, 1 volunteer ifrom Ukraine since August 2015 for 12 months,
- Working with children and young people in EXPERYMENT Science Centre in Gdynia, 1 volunteer from Belarus since October 2015 for 12 months,
- Working with young children in the Local Government Kindergarten No. 30 in Gdynia, 1 volunteer from Georgia from September 2015 for 12 months.
2 Polish volunteers from VI.2015 for 12 months will be working with local youth in Czerniowice in Ukraine.
The result of the project will be the development of individual volunteers from Eastern Europe, Caucasus and Poland, of local communities and organizations involved in the project. What is more, there will be more interest and participation of young people in the local and international community activities, increasing their sense of agency and desire to create the surrounding reality. Those involved directly and indirectly in activities through contact with people from other countries will broaden their horizons, become more tolerant and open to dialogue and international cooperation. European Volunteers acquire new skills and knowledge that will be useful later in their personal and professional development
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation