EVS-Making a difference
Start date: Sep 15, 2014,
End date: Jul 14, 2015
The background of our EVS was based on our belief in working with international projects to give the group of youth and the youthteam the opportunity to:
- get to know people and culture from other countries
- get new ideas and ways of thinking about/solving tasks in the field of youthwork
- be inspired
- give people from other European countries knowledge about the norwegian culture, language and youthwork.
For the volonteers we wanted to give a wider understanding of the youthwork, both preventive and directly in projects and events together with the youth themeselves. The volunteers also learned about the youthculture in our region and in Norway in general. For the sending and and hosting organisations the project gave opportunity to share experiences. For everyone involved the project aimed to promote tolerance and understanding in general.
Profile of volunteers:
We had two volonteers, and the profile we searched for was both a female and a male, from different countries. We also wanted them to be dedicated and enthusiastic persons with some experience from volunteering in their local society and/or own organsation, either cultural and/or youthwork.
- 3 days a week working at the youth house (kitchen/kiosk, planning and implementing activities amongst the youth as quiz, workshops, games and competioin, foodmaiking and so on)
- 2 days a week working at the office of Ung i Midtdalen at the municipality building with tasks as updating social medias, planning and impementing activities and events for the region of Midtdalen, participate at meetings with different group of youth and so on.
- Participate at upcoming events and festivals for youth during the year
- Giving information about Erasmus+ and their own background and culture to a class at high school, to youth councils both in our region and the neighbour region
Results and impact:
For the target group and actually all of the participants involved we all got to know about the Erasmus+ , and in general got new impulses and competences in the way of working with youth.
A huge bonuseffect for the involved parts was that the volunteers planned and applied on behalf of Ung i Midtdalen for a youth exchange that was implemented while they were still here. During this experience the volunteers learned a lot about the region of Gudbrandsdalen, about making budgets and bookings, safety and rules for this kind of events and communicating with many different people. The youth in Midtdalen was involved in the project, not only the participants, but also many other youth since we used arenas as the school and the youth house during the project.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation