EVS-Growth through friendship and knowledge
Start date: Aug 1, 2014,
End date: Oct 1, 2015
“Growth through friendship and knowledge”-project is an EVS project between the Programme Countries Croatia, Germany and Norway.
Volda kyrkjelege fellesråd, the joint parish council for the four parishes belonging to the Norwegian Church in Volda municipal is the Host and Coordinating Organisasjon for project.
The main objectives for the project is:
• to develop the contact between youths i Norway and other European countries
The part objectives is to:
• Exchange experiences and methods for work with children and youths
• Develop new activities for youths and students in cooperation with the youths.
• Establish a youth council for the youths in our four parishes
• Prepare and implement a Group Exchange for a Norwegian youth group in a Programme country in 2015 as a part of our leader training for youths
• Inform about what Erasmus+ can offer, the values and activities.
The volunteers will be a part of our team working with education and activities for children and youths. The daily base for the volunteers will be the parish office in Volda municipal centre. The actives the volunteer will join will take place in different churches around the municipal and at the YWCA-YMCA house in the municipal centre.
Typical activities/tasks for the volunteers will be:
• Lead creative activities for children and youths
• Develop and conduct new activities for youths and students together with youth leaders and the youths as:
o After school café
o Youth club
• Co-worker in the training program for young leaders
• Plan a Group Exchange together with youth leaders and the youths
• Administrative tasks for the education team
The duration of the service will be 12 months.
We had also planned to involve one volunteer from Spain with musical skills i five moths The main objective for her service was to develop the cultural and musical activities in the church including European cultural meetings. Because of some new job opportunities she could`n join the service. We didn't manage to find another volunteer that could replace her.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation