EVS for All
Start date: Aug 1, 2014,
End date: Jul 31, 2016
Project activities dates, location, volunteers:
1st round: 01 September 2014 - 31 May 2015, Gdańsk-Poland, 4 volunteers (2 art, 1 cookery, 1 sport)
2nd round: 01 February 2015 - 31 October 2015, Gdańsk-Poland, 2 volunteers (1 sport, 1 youth information)
Project description: The goal of this EVS project is to improve quality and quantity of our offers to local poeple through the support of 6 EVS volunteers that will help our association by organizing their own, different learning opportunities and other several activities through all the time of their service, for a total of 9 months for each, in 2 different round.
These learning activities will be aimed to all the targets of our association: young people, seniors, scouts, but also other local partner organizations and Eurodesk Points.
Concerning the activities implemented directly in our association, we find that the most suitable fields in which the volunteers (5) should propose their activities are art, sport, cookery: they are suitable and useful to different age-groups and - for their social nature and as expression of different cultures - the activities carried out in these 3 fieds have the potentiality to develop theoretical and practical knowledge in participants, all awhile conveying a general understanding of cultural differences and thus acceptance of diversities, to develop a more open-minded attitude. From this point of view the presence of foreigner EVS volunteers is precious and coherent: as representative of different cultures they can be a more effective bridge for developing intercultural understanding and European awareness, but also to start a process of social participation that might lead to a wider social cohesion (eg. sport it's a great way to make friends and overcome barriers).
This is even more valid for the EVS volunteer (1) that will take care of the information activities for Eurodesk (as well as English courses etc.), in our Eurodesk Gdańsk and other local Eurodesk points part of the “Eurodesk Pomerania”, our regional European Youth Information Network; having a person with direct experience about what he/she is talking about (eg. EVS) can bring more effectiveness and interest in these topics, as well as to bring interesting point of view to the former local staff involved in youth information.
During the service the volunteers will also have the opportunity to be involved in other partner local organizations for short-term projects (depending form the project, between 1day-2weeks) and to develop/support specific tasks; this would benefit all those involved: local people, all the different associations and the volunteer as well because he/she/they will benefit from changing work environment and see how people from other Polish NGO work and relates with foreigners.
Number of volunteers: 6
The volunteers need to be minimum 18 years old, maximum 30 years old, coming from the country of our partner SO.
We are looking for people with positive and proactive attitude, willing to test themselves. We expect an open attitude, empathic, eager to cooperate, responsible.
Specific selection criteria:
1. art: the 2 volunteers (from France) should have organizational and creative skills in order to deliver workshops, events and in general educative activities in this field, have knowledge/experience in a wide range of artistic-creative activities (photography, filmmaking, découpage, fine arts, music, choirs...)
2. cookery: he/she will need experience/knowledge/interest in cookery and organizational skills for coordinate cultural activities (from Portugal)
3. sport: since this role require quite a lot of responsibility for the wellness and health of the participants of different workshops/events etc., the 2 volunteers need some specific knowledge/background in the Sport field (from Italy and Spain)
4. youth information: the volunteer (from Germany) needs to have interest/experience/knowledge in youth information; have clean driving licence (B), with expiration date after the 31.10.15
- Organize periodical educational activities (art,sport,cookery and youth information)
- Organize the promotion of their own activities (newsletters, blog, leaflets etc.)
- Participate in EVS and Erasmus+ promotion
- Support for European lessons in schools
- Organize evaluation materials for the participants of activities
- Write blog articles and update EVS facebook page
- Support the staff in daily activities
- Organize language courses
- Learn Polish language and culture
- Organize free workshops and events on the theme of cultural differences, mainly in schools
- Short, specific project in local NGO
- Suggest and realize his/her own ideas
Coordinate the overall activities that will take place in the kitchen/cafe' and annexed resting area
Youth information only:
- support in coordinating the activities that will take place in the Gdańsk Youth Center
- workshops in the network of Eurodesk Pomerania
- Eurodesk Gdańsk newsletter
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation