EVS Bosnia 2015
Start date: Jan 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
The Youth Academy Walberberg (JAW) connects through its activities national and international partners who mainly work with the target group of “young people from disadvantaged backgrounds” in bilingual and multilingual projects. At our international contact seminar that took place at Jugendakademie Walberberg in September 2014 we discussed with our partners about goals, prospects and of European cooperation and its structural improvement. Particularly it deals with the conceptions of framework conditions and conflict management in various projects. At this occasion the partners decided to widen our EVS activities.
From 01.02.2015 till 31.01.2016 Jugendakademie Walberberg will send a European volunteer to the hosting organization "CIM - Centar za izgradnju mira" in Sanksi Most, Bosnia and Herzegovina. The applicant (JAW) is in duty of being sending organisation and coordinating organisation (co).
Befor the departure of the volunteer there will be a preparation meeting in JAW, where he will be prepared for his time in Bosnia (e.g. conflict management, intercultural leraning, to deal with prejudice, self management).
Sending the German volunteer to CIM shall
- empower him to foster his key qualifications, such as intercultural, social, language competencies
- allow him to achieve positive feelings of success in an environment far away from the one at home
- gain new experiences with foreign cultural practices and social manners
- orientation for the future private and vocational life
- support the positive interaction within the network. To give an example, the relatively new joined member in the network, the human rights organization CIM, has a lot of knowledge and methodical experience in the domain of human rights work, active citizenship and creative forms of protest. This knowledge can be transferred back into the educational work of the Youth Academy through the EVS volunteer.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation