Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
This project has given the students from the final year vocational studies « optician » the opportunity of attending a training course in the world’s leading ophtalmic optics company « Essilor » in the Netherlands.
This project represented a srtaight continuation of the previous project realized in 2014 with the same partnership and kept the same main purpose which was the rehabilitation of vocational studies through the diversification of pedagogical methods and the use of the new technologies on one hand, and the training of young people in a foreign company on the other hand.
The real success encountered by this partnership between the school and that company fostered both partners to repeat that inriching experience, and to bring the necessary improvements or changes.
Before their mobility, several preparatory meetings involving Essilor and the participants have been organized either at Essilor’s Headquarters in Brussels or at school.
During their mobility, the students could take part in various workshops into Essilor Company in Zevenaar (Netherlands) :
- Ordering and producing optical glasses process
- Marketing and sales process
- Marketing plans/concept draw up
- After-sales services
Each participant has been estimated by the partner’s workshop manager as well as by the school’s teachers. These evaluations are taken into account by the examining board responsible for the students’ « qualification (i.e. vocational) certificate ».
This work experience training enables to reach several purposes :
- let the students discover and get a better understanding of the foreign country from a cultural, historical, … point of view thanks to the contacts with on-site workers,
- foster learning a foreign language (Dutch and English),
- facilitate job seeking thanks to the various skills acquired,
- increase interest for a specific educational choice (Optician studies) from the future new students.
Such a European experience proposed to the young people will no doubt remain unforgettable moments they will share and pass on to their peers, which will encourage others to live that same experience.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation