Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
"EuroPraktiska 2015" is a project within the framework or Erasmus+ Mobility for vocational training. Praktiska Sverige AB (PRAKTISKA) has attended the program with two schools. In total 30 students have been participating and also 3 teachers as followers.
From PRAKTISKA point of view the project has served to meet in our schools identified needs. The overall aim of the project was to develop the quality in the education and vocational training in our schools and also in workplaces in Sweden where our students are performing vocational training.
Our project has been driven by the conviction that in times when there is economic difficulties in parts of Europe and a high level of youth unemployment in Sweden, it´s necessary to develop the quality in vocational training and in theoretic education. This for the sake of the students in our schools and Sweden as a nation shall be able to meet the European concurrence and at the same time develop the students European identity by fighting protectionism ideas and xenophobia, as often develops in times of bad economy.
We offered our students to perform two weeks of vocational training in Xativa (Spain) using the methodology prescribed in "Europe Chantier" about initial training and development of European identity. The students traveled in groups for developing their experiences about labor and learning, under guidance of tutors at the workplaces. The tutors was guiding and supervising the student through the students whole stay. In this even the following teachers from Sweden participated.
Our intention was to address some at our schools identified needs. These where:
- Lack of working experience.
- Lack of knowledge about the market outside Sweden in Europe.
- Lack of knowledge about own possibilities about movement in Europe to find possibilities for getting work and/or start studies.
- Develop other working techniques than they develop in Sweden.
- Lack of knowledge about what an active EU-citizenship is about.
- Low language and communication skils.
- Lack of knowledge about cultural similarities and differences in a European context.
Results and impressions för the participating students is that they developed:
- understanding for cultural similarities and differences in a European perspective (Sweden-Spain)
- their ability to learn by getting new practical experiences and also new working techniques.
- the ability to work and solve problems in a group.
- contacts in the own school and also in another of our schools, as well among students as teachers. Furthermore they've developed contacts in Spain. In the workplaces, the lodging and during studying visits.
- the understanding och competence to use their own opportunities for mobility in Europe for finding possibilities for work and/or studies.
In short the above mentioned gives them better possibilities for getting work och at the same time promotes their European identity.
PRAKTISKA as an organization has strengthen the competence to work in and educate in a European perspective. The following teachers has been developed and at the same time the organization has developed international contacts. The experiences gives possibilities to develop the courses given to all our students. In that way all our students in all our 32 schools will benefit from the project by taking part in a even better vocational training. The schools participating in the project has had more students starting the school year 2016-17 than before. We strongly believe the project to be a part in this development, by the positive way our participating students have been talking to the other student in the schools. To get more students into vocational training is a effective way to fight unemployment among young people.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation