Start date: Jan 15, 2015,
End date: Jul 14, 2015
Rural areas are full of traditions, culture and rich nature which are not valued enough by inhabitants who live there. Young people just leave from the villages and farms and moving to big cities with hopes to have a better lifestyle there. They believe that they will be employed there easier and faster nevertheless, this will not happen easily with everyone. Meanwhile the villages become abandoned, lost their culture and traditions, and young people even don’t recognise what they lost. So one of the biggest tasks is nowadays for youth organisations to support rural youth, young people have to fight for their cultural values of their villages, preserve and even renew the traditions, protect the natural heritages and initiate small entrepreneurships to do that and through these, employ people in rural areas in the sake of better lifestyle and keep rural area as valued as possible. Young people have to recognise the values of culture, traditions and nature what their villages have and learn how to renew and promote it. Youth workers, youth leaders from rural areas through youth organisations can give support them nevertheless, they have to have methods and tools how they can do that. This is the reason what we would like to run this training course. Share, explore, provide methods and tools for rural youth workers to recognise and make their cultural values and nature attractive for young people and support them to renew it, start small entrepreneurship in youth sector and employ friends from rural areas. The overall aim of the training course is to train youth workers, youth leaders to support rural youth on recognition of their cultural values as traditions and nature. To share youth work methods and tools for motivating and encouraging rural youth to use and renew their traditions and nature for implementing new start ups, initiate small businesses in rural areas in order to fight against unemployment and abandoned villages. Participating in a best youth work practice during the training course on renewing and using traditions and nature and run a small entrepreneur activity as European tavern in a local festival. Inventing international youth projects on cultural values through entrepreneurship and employability. We will host ???? youth workers, youth leaders, teachers, social workers, etc. who are directly working with young people from geographically disadvantages areas e.g. villages, settlements, farms, islands, etc. and are willing to cooperate in international youth projects after the training course. ”European Taverna” - training course on initiate entrepreneurship for preserve and use the potential of culture, traditions and nature in rural areas through youth work activities will be held in Arrouquelas, Portugal at March/April 2015. The project will be based on the methodology of non – formal education with special focus on experiential learning. The training course will be built on the experiences of the participants and the needs of the youth organisations. Theoretical parts:
- European Youth Strategy “Investing and empowering young people” with special focus on fields of actions as culture and creativity, and entrepreneurship and employability;
- Youth policy backgrounds as Study on youth access to Culture in the EU – what EU countries are doing to improve young people's access to culture and the obstacles to their access and involvement and Council Conclusion on creative and innovative potential of young people;
- Europe 2020 growth and job strategy; Youth Opportunities Initiatives; Youth Guarantee and the “Your First EURES” job scheme; Youth Employment Package; European Alliance for Apprenticeship; Youth Employment Initiatives; Quality framework for traineeship; Joint European Commission – OECD policy briefing on youth entrepreneurship;
- Project management of Erasmus + programme with special focus on KA1 Mobility projects of young people and youth workers e.g. EVS, youth exchange and youth workers’ mobility.
- Youth work activities in order to preserve and protect traditions, culture and nature in rural areas and initiate entrepreneurship to renew it;
- New tools for developing the youth sector in related with traditions, culture, environment protection through entrepreneurship;
- Methods and activities on motivating and encouraging young people to stay in the villages and fight against unemployment in rural areas;
- Best practice for rural development through youth entrepreneurship by implementing European Taverna in a local festival;
- Invent new youth projects on traditions and nature through entrepreneurship and employability according to the proposals of Erasmus + programme.
We will establish our common European platform for cultural and natural development in order to give support each others and exchange our cultural and natural values and products with each others. Staying locals and feeling European citizen in the same time.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation