European competences to work with Asylum seekers a..
European competences to work with Asylum seekers and migrants
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
Immigration has become a global issue of wide-ranging, which requires various organizations that, for various reasons, are concerned with the protection of the immigrant, to structure and / or improve their intervention strategies, as well as to act more and more in a European perspective.
Faced with this context, the needs of Onmic, regarding internationalization and development of quality, essentially concern three areas:
- EUROPEAN DIMENSION AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS, that pertains to the necessity of the applicant organization to operate internationally, and especially the European
- SKILLS IN EDUCATIONAL AND RECPTION SERVICES FOR REFUGEES AND MIGRANTS, which contemplates the organizational needs, planning, programming, implementation, and evaluation, from the staff and management in implementing best educational activities and reception, with refugees and migrants gen-erally.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS, with particular reference to English and French.
Within this context, our European Development Plan wants to act "systemically" on the areas mentioned above in order to satisfy their needs, making the following mobility activities:
COMPTENCES IN EUROPEAN AND INTERNATIONAL COOPERATION AREA:
- Training for two staff members, in the field of European project planning;
- Activities of job shadowing for two manger, for the implementation of a European project planning and cooperation area, in an organization that works with refugees and migrants.
- Training for three staff members, on the actions and campaigns to influence policy in the work with refugees and migrants in Europe.
SKILLS IN EDUCATIONAL AND RECPTION SERVICES FOR REFUGEES AND MIGRANTS AREA
- Activities of job shadowing for two staff members with managerial functions, for project planning and implementation of educational activities and services for social inclusion and acceptance of immigrants political refugees;
- Training for two staff members to enhance innovative ways of education towards refugees and asylum international protection;
- Training for two staff members, to enhance ways of working with applicants for international protection of torture victims.
LANGUAGE SKILLS AREA, with particular reference to English and French.
- Course in English for four staff members;
- Course in French language, for two staff members.
Our goal is to achieve a harmonious process, based on the transparency of the process, with a monitoring and evaluation system which verifies promptly strengths and weaknesses, and make the appropriate adjustments in the course of work.
The mobility plan, lasting 24 months, will be divided into:
- Preparatory Phase.
- Implementation of mobility.
- Transfer and integration of learning achieved in the current practice of the association.
Through "European competences to work with Asylum seekers and migrants" project we want to expand Onmic capacity to affect the trasnversal and sectoral priorities established by Erasmus +, although they are declined in the specific field of work with migrants. Our project is in fact a contribution to the objectives of the Europe 2020 strategy, especially with regard to the Education and Fight against poverty and marginalization.
The project will, in two years, lead to a series of concrete results:
- Implementation of educational and reception activities on the basis of learning achieved through training activities abroad;
- Creation of an area dedicated to European cooperation inside Onmic association;
- Implementation of cooperation activities, funded and not, at European level, with other organizations and stakeholders in the work with migrants and applicants for international protection.
Dissemination, an integral part of the development of the project, will aim to the diffusion and transfer of the benefits produced by the project to the community, with the purpose to create a multiplier effect and to increase awareness of the stakeholders to the issues of working with Refugees and European issues in general
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation