European Active Citizens Today
Start date: 01 May 2015,
End date: 30 Apr 2016
The training course “E-ACT. European Active Citizens Today" is an Erasmus+ Key Action 1 Mobility of youth workers project. It will be hosted from the Association SOS Diritti e Legalità, among the dates 6-13 July 2015, in ROME (Lazio). There are 7 countries involved (Italy and 3 Partners: Armenia, Ukraine and Belarus and 3 programme: Romania, Greece, Portugal) with 3 participants each, plus the team of trainers and staff (2 trainers, 2 facilitators and 3 support staff).
The training aims to help people who are working with young people in Europe to develop activities on the theme of European Citizenship. Participants will be able to reflect about European citizenship, European identity and key Values such as participation in the development of democracy and respect for cultural diversity. Discussing, sharing experiences, getting new tools how to foster active citizenship to other youngsters will be the main aim of this training. A special focus will be dedicated how to work with young people who come from disadvantage background and learn new tools how to empower them.
Objectives of this training are:
- Support the professional development of youth workers and youth leaders by extending their critical understanding of European Citizenship, exploring and experiencing its potential and enabling them to recognize and integrate European Citizenship in their youth work;
- Stimulate young people to engage more in society providing them with different tools for empowerment (youth advocacy);
- Develop and consolidate innovative training approaches in the field of Human Rights and European Citizenship, increasing capacity of youth by using alternative methods;
- Make young people multipliers aware of Human Rights and European common values providing them with skills and tools to enhance their activities;
- Contribute to intercultural learning of young people coming from different backgrounds and promote the understanding and respect for cultural diversity and intercultural cooperation;
- Sustain and widen existing networks and sustainable partnership among partner organizations for future E+ projects.
“E-ACT. European Active Citizens Today” will be implemented with the valuable use of non-formal methodology, that enable active participation, group cohesion and a safe learning environment. Learning by doing approach will follow the program and the sessions will be planned carefully to tackle all the necessary elements.
Expert trainers contribution will enrich the learning of participants and give them a chance to get answers for their questions regarding the topic. They cover a variety of expertise and they shall add more value to the activity and enrich the experience of the participants.
Get Access to the 1st Network for the European Cooperation