EURnation_Broadening Horizons through Mobility
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
This project was elaborated by taking into account the various lacunas identified by Epralima and members of the EURnation consortium (ACIAB, ADERE-PG, Social Recreational Association of Vila Fonche, EPATV and Fun Languages) such as: technical, professional, linguistic and soft-skills, to improve qualification/employability of 3 target groups with 3 key activities:
- Mobility for 65 IVT’s: professional internships (PI) in companies;
- Mobility for 12 recent VET graduates: PI in companies;
- Mobility for 53 staff: training in organizations working directly/indirectly with VET.
The activities of IVT, recent graduates and staff will be organized in 3 stages, distributed over multiple fluxes during the 24 months of the project considering the following countries: Germany, Spain, Italy, Lithuania, Malta, Poland and Romania.
IVT students/recent graduates will carryout PI with the duration of 4 or 8 weeks. These PI should be directed towards the development, improvement and practice of technical skills of the following professional areas: health aides, fashion design, electronics/automation, renewable energy, marketing advertising, event planning, catering, legal services, ICT (3D digital design), and sales.
Mobility goals for IVT and recent graduates are:
1. Acquire/improve technical expertise in the area of training;
2. Improve the quality of professional profiles, through the application of new working techniques related to the specific professional areas, thereby increasing the prospects of employability;
3. Adopt a more versatile attitude: autonomy/confidence within the specified areas, through exposure to new contexts/situations;
4. Managing time in order to achieve objectives;
5. Apply theoretical knowledge acquired at the date of mobility by improving the predisposition to the teaching-learning process;
6. Increase soft skills, especially posture, teamwork, cooperation/adaptation to multicultural environments;
7. Adopt a more flexible/tolerant attitude through the respect for the values, beliefs and different opinions due to the exposure to different cultures;
8. Increase linguistic knowledge of the English language, especially the dimensions: listening, oral interaction and oral production;
9. Acquire a more transparent view regarding EU citizenship.
The staff mobility consist of the exchange of knowledge/experience within the ambit of mobility projects, evaluation of learning systems, and carrying out a series of workshops aimed at the development of a pilot-project based on cooperation towards development.
Considering that this project has a multidisciplinary nature, it is not mandatory that participants have degrees from specific scientific areas or possess specific academic levels of education; therefore it is possible for collaborators who do not have University Degrees to also participate in the project.
The specific objectives for staff mobility are:
- acquire/develop soft skills: inter-culturalism, openness to change, initiative, tolerance, mutual respect, empathy, spirit of solidarity, etc., as well as innovative educational practices that arise from the exposure to different individuals, realities and cultures;
- know the realities of the host countries on policies that encourage cooperation towards development, and verify that these programmes promote LLL, disseminate good practice and promote solidarity in order to promote the inclusion and integration individuals from different social and age groups;
- promote the exchange of experiences in order to improve participants skills through the awareness of cooperation programs for development that arise by an unequal society and encourage learning actions and solidarity through a pilot project in partnership with institutions that promote a link between the school and the community, before and after the mobility experience;
- Develop and improve language skills, especially in relation to the English language;
- promote readiness towards LLL.
1. Soft-skills to be developed by all target groups:
Language skills (English and host country's mother tongue in some cases);
Social skills/civic/intercultural and respect for the dignity/freedom/democracy/equality/pluralism/non-discrimination/tolerance and understanding of differences;
Oral communication skills/distance communication;
Autonomy, initiative, dynamism, openness towards change, teamwork;
Skills related to creative spirit/entrepreneurship.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation