Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
EUnovAzione was designed for a school that has recently become a unified school, located in a suburban area of the regional capital which is considered a risk area, which consists of a school population that is particularly uneven under a social, cultural and economic aspect.
The school’s community consist of different educational needs held by the school's professional figures: the Principal and the Organizational Staff, middle school teachers, primary school and kindergarten teachers.
The project has been discussed among the various levels of the school institution:
- departments of foreign language teachers, the group of teachers that pinpointed the primary need of modernizing curricular teaching;
- Collegio dei docenti (Teaching Body): promoted the establishment of a work group, with the participation of the school principal and of teachers from the different educational levels;
- Consiglio di Istituto (Board of Governors): welcomed and approved the initiative with unanimous agreement;
- Working group: identified the program guidelines and dealt with the drafting of the project.
The objectives that the project will focus on, coherently with the Educational Program and with the Recommendation 2006/962 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 December 2006 on key competences for lifelong learning, are:
1. Promoting the professional development within the school organization, with the acquisition of the following key skills:
- promoting the European scale of education and awareness of being part of the wide international community to each member of the teaching staff (European citizens)
-optimizing professional resources, allocating competences in a quality organizational system (greater participation, propensity to change, motivation to work)
-adopting more innovative teaching methods (e.g. CLIL, TPR, …) and learning devices (such as the use of ICT and use of the internet for teaching), improving the levels of competences and skills of the school staff;
-improving the language skills of ESL English language teachers;
-promoting transnational cooperation between educational and formative institutions in a European setting.
2. Facilitating the learning process of all students, and especially of those coming from lower social groups (early school leavers), through:
- the use of innovative didactic instruments and technologies;
- the improvement of English language proficiency;
- an increase of the motivation to learn, and of the sense of belonging to the local, national, and European community.
The mobility number required amounts to twenty-two. The project will involve at least two kindergarten school techers, six primary school teachers, the Head teacher and eight middle school teachers.
It will provide educational activities with a short duration, ranging between seven and twenty-six days, in various European Countries (UK, Finland, Portugal, Malta), and aimed towards the various professional figures of the school. The topics and the methods have been chosen on the basis of the formative needs expressed during the preparative stage of the project.
The activities will prevalently take place within small groups, and will include Interactive English language sessions. Special Session involving linguistic, cultural, theoretical and methodological support, debate with other european colleagues, visiting other schools and educational institutions, practical and laboratoratory activities, workshops on the organization of educational systems in the member Countries of the European Community will be included.
The project focuses on the formation of PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHERS on the following aspects:
- innovative teaching;
- language proficiency.
MIDDLE SCHOOL TEACHERS will be focusing on the following:
- European orientation;
- formative planning and evaluation;
- language proficiency.
The school PRINCIPAL and her STAFF will be focusing on:
- developing of political system and school organization;
- study, comparison and assimilation of best practices;
- language proficiency.
Medium and long term goals (2/5 years):
- developing a vision on the innovative cooperation, shared with the groups involved within the school;
- linking the school mission with the goals of innovation (in terms of knowledge, competences and attitudes) for students, teachers and for the entire school community;
- increasing the motivation to learn and the sense of belonging to the local, national and European community;
- implementing innovative activities to be executed with or without the participation of partner schools (virtual and geographic mobility);
- training colleagues on innovative activities (increasing the use of innovative didactic instruments and technologies)
- divulging activities and products (methods, instruments, experimented patterns).
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation