Erweiterung und Vertiefung interkultureller Lehr- ..
Erweiterung und Vertiefung interkultureller Lehr- und Sprachkompetenzen mittels grenzüberschreitendem Jobshadowing zur Anbahnung multilateraler Schulprojekte in Europa
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
1. Project Background
In spite of supposed unity, Europe still is a colourful amalgamation of various states and cultures whose citizens work together but also compete in a common labour market. Therefore, it is important to expand the experiences of European cultural diversity , the tolerance of anything new and the flexibility in dealing with these aspects. Against this background, it is our medium-term aim to enrich the education of students of the BBS Burgdorf by implementing multilateral school projects with European partners in the framework of Key Action 2. The job shadowing activities under Key Action 1 are intended to establish and consolidate suitable contacts to partner institutions. They are thus a prerequisite for long-term cooperations which allow students to participate actively in the convergence of Europe, e.g. by taking part in a student exchange program.
2. Project Objectives
- getting to know potential partner schols by means of job shadowing
- comparing new teaching methods and approaches for an increased authenticity in your own lessons
- exchanging best practices in the field of quality management
- establishing a long-term cooperation to implement student projects using the eTwinning platfom
- cross-cultural cooperation with schools in Europe under Key Action 2
- increasing the motivation of teaching staff through the perspective of participating actively in multilateral school projects as well as updating and enhancing their knowledge of the foreign languages they teach
3. Number and Profile of Participants
Five participants are to be sent to partner institutions. Among their qualifications are:
- very good/excellent knowledge of English as lingua franca and Spanish
- study and work experience abroad
- membership in the school's quality management committee
- extensive repertoire of teaching methods
- strong disposition towards European cooperation
- job shadowing at selected partner schools in Spain
- preparations and follow-up following the recommendations and stipulations of the the Pedagogical Exchange Service of the Conference of State Ministers of Education (PAD)
5. Description of the Results and Impact Envisaged
We strive to bring about a greater willingness to work on intercultural projects. A larger number of motivated teaching staff increase the sense of community within the school. The identification (of both teachers and students) with their school and with Europe will be strengthened. More enthusiasm for intercultural projects at our school will promote the efficiency of project development, application and implementation.
6. Potential Long-Term Benefits
The multiplication of the training results increases the motivation of teachers to engage in intercultural EU-projects. The capacity of the participants for a project application in Key Action 2 will grow. Hence, it is more likely that such projects are carried out. Pupils benefit from a stronger European focus by an increased willingness to learn (especially foreign languages) and improved social and intercultural skills. They recognize the importance of educational stays abroad. By expanding these skills, our students will be better prepared in the future to meet the requirements of the international labour market.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation