Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
In Germany training for becoming a physiotherapist does not only include theoretical tuition classes but also practical hands-on training alongside. Supervisory instructions and self- contained therapies on patience are the base for physiotherapeutic decision- making and responsibility- taking.
Supervision is carried out by registered and well experienced physiotherapists.
The aim of the project is to offer students the possibility to broaden their knowledge by looking into physiotherapeutic practises abroad.
This will give students the possibility of collecting general and professional physiotherapeutic intercultural experience.
Further aim of the project:
- Insight and understanding for different European cultures, languages and values.
- The individual impact, beginning from professional orientation and physiotherapeutic education in Germany are forming the professional behaviour of the students. Professional orientation and education are also gathered in the surrounding area of co-operational partners in their individual countries.
These additional aspects will then be put into relation to the own educational system.
- Aim for students is to reflect on their own professional pattern of action by comparison as stated above and develop their own personal and professional ways of decision- making and action- taking.
- Encouragement of intercultural competence by living abroad in the country of the co-operative partner in question (social interaction) and professional situations (contact with supervisors and patients).
- Encouragement of competences in foreign languages (communicative competence).
Results and effects:
One month (4 week) trips are envisaged for Spain and Austria, each. Four students, currently undergoing training for becoming physiotherapists, are planning to pass through a practical training abroad.
After each visit abroad a short presentation (PowerPoint) of the scholar summarising a general introduction about the associated country and culture (e.g. video and photo footage) as well as project results (comparison of ways of education and personal experience) will be held.
Summary reports covering experiences of scholars will be published on the school website.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation