Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
1. WHO ARE WE?
We are "C.R.A. La Encina" a rural aggrupation of schools, located in a rural setting, with a great number of immigrant students who have a low motivation towards learning a foreign language. In addition, Besides, the staff is made up mostly by temporary teachers and the ones, who are fixed, do not have the required skills to teach in foreign languages, such English, non-linguistic subjects. The aggrupation is joined to a multilingual program, first level of A.1.
2. WHAT DO WE WANT?
We want toprovide with a response to the necessities detected and collected in the internal school documente called Memory of the centre, through the implementation of a training program K1, within the European Development Plan, to improve the quality of teaching in our centre.
So our objectives are:
-Boosting the learning of language skills, for teachers and students.
- To continue with the progressive expansion of the Linguistic Centre Plan, increasing the non-linguistic disciplines and defining in a more precise way these methodological dimensions.
- To increase the motivation of the students towards the learning of a foreign language which will be necessary for their future development in the society.
- To provide to the centre and other teachers with curricular materials of our own development, contributing to the development of tools to improve the efficiency of public spending on educacion.
3. HOW YOU ARE GOING TO DO IT?
We are going to train our tea through some courses ,structured in 8 mobilities over two years, and to this end we have been selected:
- London, with the ICTcompany.
- Dublin, where we are considering two possible organising companies, English Matters and Cork English World.
They all respond to the training needs identified in our centre and, of course, they organise courses at different levels that could be adapted to the profile of the participants. We thind the most appropiate during of the courses should be about 10 days, and the management team, together with the Linguistic Advisory of the centre and the participants themselves, will assess the viability of different dates that are offered to do the courses. Taking into account we are dealing with courses at European level, we look forward to the opinions and experiences of other teachers that will allow us to improve the teaching practice in the classroom. The discovery of new forms of educational guidance involves the knowledge of methodological ways that will enrich and use up the most educational work at our centre.
Therefore, we consider this program as a positive experience due to the participant will know directly the teaching techniques which are being carrying out in the rest of schools in Europe.
We are going to do it according to thefollowing phases:
- Initial phase, in which the staff meeting is reported of the creation of this project and the project is exposed.
- Implementation phase, with meetings to select personnel according to criteria previously noted down, preparatory meetings for the mobilities, settings centre schedules (if necessary) to compensate for the absence, change control, monitoring of the project and budget control. In this phase the participants will sign a commitment to work where the obligations related with the participation in the various actions.
- Closing of the project, evaluation and decision-making at the methodological level in the centre to apply what has been learned, development of curriculum materials in the areas of the project will be reflected.
- Closing and presentation of the budget to the staff meeting and the School Council.
- Communication and broadcasting, which has a continuous character throughout the entire project and for which the ICT will be used mainly.
4. WHY DO WE DO IT? (RESULTS, BENEFITS AND IMPACT)
The expected result and, in the same way, the gains cen be assessed in two ways:
On the first hand the results that we hope and the benefits are twofold, firstly in the improvement of the qualification in the officially established Linguistic Competence (obtaining diverse certificates and degrees) by the teaching staff, which directly impact on the improvement of the skills in our students.
On the other hand changes of innovation in methodological lines from the centre will be produced, particularly in non linguistic areas, thus increasing the motivation of students towards the learning of a foreign language.The impact of the project should have an impact on the educational community:
- Making the parents aware of the importance of acquiring a foreign language for the future life of our students.
-Sharing with other teachers everything that this training has supplied us.
-In the programmatic documents of the centre, in its various elements
-in the progressive access to higher levels of the linguistic Plan in Castilla - La Mancha.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation