Erasmus + Poszerzenie kontekstu nauczania języka a..
Erasmus + Poszerzenie kontekstu nauczania języka angielskiego
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
One of the aims of our project Erasmus + “Broadening the context of teaching English” in ZSP in Lysa Góra is to increase the European dimension of our institution. As a headmaster, I deem it necessary to get close to Europe and open ourselves to encounters with the teachers coming from different European countries to increase the competitiveness of our school within the borough. Another aim is to enrich our educational offer by introducing a pedagogical innovation connected with correlation between the teaching of English and such subjects as ICT, Mathematics, Art and Crafts and artistic subjects as well as extracurricular activities and improving the quality and attractiveness of lessons of English due to the introduction of cultural elements and innovative teaching methods.
To achieve the above mentioned aims, it has been planned that, in case our institution succeeds in receiving the grant, 3 out of 14 schoolteachers will take part in Erasmus +. These are the teachers representing all educational levels in our school. The recruitment of potential candidates for the courses abroad has been conducted taking into account recruitment regulations including the needs of the institution and a requirement regarding linguistic level of future participants.
Among the teachers chosen as participants in educational mobility are: the teacher of English, the teacher of ICT and Mathematics, the librarian and the teacher of artistic subjects, involved also in extracurricular activities. The teacher of English will participate in the course covering inter-cultural communication in Ireland, which also aims at improving her language competences and in the course in Iceland combined with the participation in study visits in local schools. The remaining teachers will take part in preparatory language courses in Poland followed by language courses abroad. Then, after achieving an advanced level of communication in English, all of them will participate in specialized courses on CLIL methodology and ICT conducted in English in Malta and Czech Republic.
All the participants in mobility actions will obtain logistic and practical support from the school coordinator appointed by the headmaster as well as from training institutions and partners. Evaluation process and dissemination activities are expected to take place during and at the end of the project. All the activities undertaken are to be monitored by the headmaster.
Potential benefits resulting from the project, including long-term ones that will have impact not only on our institution (participants, students, other teachers) but also beyond our premises on other institutions on European and local level, are following:
- developing professional competences of the teachers, especially in terms of acquiring practical knowledge related to CLIL methodology
- improvement of language skills and developing inter-cultural and socio-cultural competences among the project participants
- implementation of innovative solutions from European countries
- creating an attractive educational environment due to introduction of cultural elements and linguistic titbits and due to the broadening the context of the teaching of English
- strengthening the professional status of a teacher and preventing the syndrome of professional burnout
- the school will gain teachers who will use the English language while teaching their subjects
- realization of horizontal policies of European Union
- encouraging other schools and teachers to participate in similar activities (we will share our experiences)
- improvement of quality in our institution
- introduction of pedagogical innovation
- the European dimension of our school
- offering the teaching of English on a high level and engaging our students in international projects
- an increase in competitiveness of our school due broadening of the context of teaching English
- the results of mobilities will lead to gradual reorganization of educational processes in our school and, thus, to modernization of our educational offer
- an increase in students’ motivation for learning the English language and the subjects introducing CLIL methodology
- positive influence on the plan of strategic development of Zespol Szkoln-Przedszkolny in Lysa Gora in the future including European priorities and strategy “Europe 2020”
- developing cultural awareness in students and an increase in students’ interest in educational mobility and towards knowledge related to other cultures and nations
-PowerPoint presentation for all the interested schools summarising the project, which will be added to the documentation of the project
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation