ERASMO+ Empower Rural Areas: Seed More Opportuniti..
ERASMO+ Empower Rural Areas: Seed More Opportunities
Start date: Jul 1, 2015,
End date: Jun 30, 2016
The training course “ERASMO+ Empower Rural Areas: Seed More Opportunities " is an Erasmus+, Key Action 1, Mobility of youth workers project. It will be hosted by SOS Diritti e Legalità Association, among the dates 1- 8 February 2015, in Tolfa (Lazio). There are 7 countries involved (Italy, Romania, Greece, Poland, Lithuania, Macedonia and Portugal) with 4 participants each, plus the team of trainers and staff (2 trainers, 2 facilitators and 2 support staff).
This training course shall bring together young motivated youth workers and volunteers from EU countries working in less developed and remote (‘geographically isolated’ or ‘disadvantaged’) areas, in a 7 days program to be hosted in Tolfa to have the possibility to acquire skills and abilities and develop competences on the topic of youth participation for a sustainable development in rural areas and to exchange their opinions, ideas and best practices on different topics related to empowerment through active participation in rural areas.
The aim of the project is to boost the involvement of young people in the countryside, how to overcome linguistic barriers, gain support from family and the local community, how to solve practical issues through providing them with a space to get new skills and develop existing ones.
- Foster & enhance the participation of youth from rural areas in social and community life;
- Promote young people’s active citizenship & their European citizenship;
- Empower youth leaders and youth workers with knowledge and skills for active participation and inclusion;
- Help young people to create possibilities for themselves through the active youth participation;
- Create an inspiring week & promote volunteering and Erasmus+ as a tool to empower young people.
The training will be implemented using the non-formal education methodology, learning by doing approach and the experiential learning cycle. The program will be executed through a variety of workshops and sessions to be further enriched by the experienced team of trainers that will work on this activity.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation