Equipe européenne de volontaires pour le patrimoin..
Equipe européenne de volontaires pour le patrimoine naturel et culturel 2/2
Start date: May 1, 2015,
End date: Jan 31, 2016
Our short term projet comprises a welcome of european an french volunteers. This team will work together in a rural town in the department of "Mayenne" on the organisation of o local festival and introduction of preservation of natural heritage. They will interact with team of insertion works.
We work with the department of "Mayenne" for more than 10 years. It is in this context of lasting partnership that we develop together, in Saint Calais du Désert, a local dynamic. For this, we chose to integrate young European thanks to EVS and french Civic voluntary, about cutural (festival) and patrimonial (preservation of natural spaces) thematic, the specialties of our association.
• Objectives :
For volunteers :
- To promote intercultural and intergenarational links and meetings
- Allow a mix of public and cultures and generations,
- Making the actors involved in developing self-management skills, and get them to take individual initiative and responsibility for gradual emancipation,
- To get volunteers to persue in a commitment way
- Allow the discovery of the region and the local heritage’s promotion
For the territory
- Local heritage’s promotion
- Making heritage available to local population
- To create a greater sense of local ownership
• Number and profile of participants :
- 7 European volunteers
- 2 french volunteers
This young people will be motivated.
- 10 workers in social inclusion
• Description of activities
6th occasion of « Veillée de Cordouen », local festival on Cordouen watermill parvis.
Site clearance, set up the stage, installation of toilets blocks, decoration, communication, welcome of public and artists, tidying… and of course participation to the party !
Promotion of local natural inheritage of « Moulin de Cordouen », with introduction of mowing, cutting the grass etc…
Our project management method is based on communication, exchange and "make-together". We work with partners at European level but also local, to build these local development projects for youth activities and territories.
We hope this project is for European and French participants, a step in their civic engagement course.
This project of European team for the heritage will be the chance for young with less opportunities to gain intercultural experience of community life, and to arouse the desire to learn, to undertake.
Finally, this project will enable -amongst others- to revitalize (professionally and socially) workers in social inclusion, and to gain confidence in themselves and their skills, or to open up culturally.
• Expected results – Advantage in the long term
- Make voluntary invested in their commitment
- Keep the projet in the long term
- Territory’s stimulation
- Develop other actions
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation