EntrUP: Waking up young entrepreneurs
Start date: Sep 1, 2015,
End date: Oct 31, 2016
The project EntrUP is a European voluntary service project that promotes youth entrepreneurship and creativity and takes place in Tallinn, Estonia during the period of 01.10.2015-29.09.2016. The project is executed by bringing a volunteer from Austria to Shokkin Group, which is an organization working with young people. The main aim of the project is to assist the hosting organisation Shokkin Group to explore ways and methodologies to empower young people from the Russian speaking community in order to increase their creativity and entrepreneurial attitude. The volunteer is expected to take part and to propose own grass-root activities in order to improve the access to youth entrepreneurship, entrepreneurial attitude and creativity.
The objectives of the European Voluntary Service are centred on the learning outcomes of the volunteers:
- developing the volunteer’ competences (skills, knowledge, attitude) in youth work with young people from a minority background;
- developing the volunteer' competences in working with the topic of entrepreneurship and creativity;
- developing volunteer's communication skills in mother and foreign languages, also indirect and inter-cultural communication skills;
- raising volunteer awareness on Estonian cultural diversity and on the reality that Estonian young people are facing nowadays;
- fostering the volunteer’s confidence and independence in decision-making through the experience of closely working with fewer opportunities youth;
- fostering team-work skills in an intercultural context;
- developing the volunteers professional skills in preparing, running and evaluating various types of entrepreneurial, non-formal and creative activities as videos, games, simulations and etc that have an educational objective;
- to give an opportunity to be involved in the NGO field and foster his understanding of the European Union and European programmes available.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation