Enjoy in the EVS challenge
Start date: Aug 1, 2014,
End date: Mar 31, 2015
Starting working more with EVS volunteers and giving them the most amazing time in their life was the trigger of this Training course. With this project at the and we would like to develop skills, knowledge and attitudes concerning volunteers’ hosting, other hand concerning the volunteers’ and the mentors’ formal, informal and non-formal learning process during their EVS projects. To understand how they can develop the identity, social sensitivity and professions. We would like to understand the importance of the Youthpass certificate in this processes, and to recognize how the volunteers can use their competences in their daily life. We would like to clarify the formal and content wise criteria to send and host EVS volunteers among EU and different regions as EECA.
The venue of the Project activity will be in Bitola, FYROM We will gather 30 youth workers, former EVS volunteers, project coordinators from Czech republic, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Croatia, Palestine, Spain, Serbia,Turkey, FYROM and they will have intensive 7 days course were at the and they will take the EVS challenge more easily.
The objective of the project are:
• To clarify the challenges of European Voluntary Service among EU and EECA countries regarding to content and methodology, non-formal and informal learning process, inter cultural learning and impact on local community
• To raise knowledge and gain new experiences on Youthpass as tool of recognition of non-formal learning;
• To raise awareness on key competences and develop different methods for using them in practice within EVS projects.
• To experience being in position of volunteers and raise awareness on personal, social and professional development during EVS activity.
• To prepare quality EVS project among EU and EECA countries, matching new requirements of Erasmus+ program with their organization
• To offer the opportunity to meet possible partner groups among EU and EECA countries.
The entire course is designed as a mutual learning situation in which, using diverse methods, participants can compare their approaches and experiences with EVS. Trainers will establish a theoretical framework and common reference points for learning and communication in this course, and they will also provide a framework where participants will be able to experience how is to be EVS volunteer. The course methodology foresees direct involvement of the accredited EVS organizations that will be present at the training course. The course programme and contents are organized to allow for the maximum participation of the group using active and participatory methods. Former EVS volunteer who will participate will just rise this training course on much higher level.
The impact will be made not just on local level, but also on the international level with distributing CD with materials for better EVS experience. And we are expecting to be long term impact.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation