ENHANCING SPANISH AT UNITY CITY
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
The objectives of this project are;
- Enhancement of staff skill to speak and teach Spanish allowing;
- Introduction of Spanish teaching to more groups
- Introduction of Spanish enrichment courses for students of high ability
- Introduction of extra curricular Spanish clubs
- Developing links with a Spanish school promoting;
- International communication between students in our school and students in schools in Spain (as has already been done with French in our school).
- Developing department resources for teaching Spanish, including an SEND scheme of learning.
- Enhancing our cultural understanding, experiencing culture first hand and being able to relate this back to our students.
To achieve this we propose to send one member of staff on an intensive language, methodology and culture immersion training programme in Spain.
As a result of her involvement our school will be able to teach Spanish to more groups of pupils, plan schemes of learning for Spanish, cope better with the transition from primary school language learning to secondary school language learning as students who have previously learnt Spanish in primary will be able to continue with this at secondary school, create international links with a school in Spain and offer our students an enriched learning experience, develop a strong relationship with a Spanish school as we will have the ability to speak with them in Spanish, and promote the Erasmus + programme to new trainee teachers on the Teach First programme.
Our expectation is that in the long term this will increase the uptake of Spanish in our school, help us to improve results and will enhance the career prospects of our students and the participating member of staff.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation