Enake možnosti za mlade
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
The main goals of the project “Equal opportunities for youth” are: to enrich students’ knowledge about foreign languages, to gain vocational and practical knowledge about their future profession, to gain self-confidence and autonomy in different life situation at home and abroad.
The work position of health workers requires adaptability in unpredictable situations with customers from all over the world. In the future, health professionals will be employed abroad or will have foreign patients/customers. Moreover, knowledge of foreign language is essential, because of the rich tradition of tourism in a number of Slovenian tourist centers with many foreign guests.
Such mobility projects provide students with valuable experiences. Working in an international environment, students will learn new practical and linguistic skills. This will ensure greater competitiveness in the labor market.
Our main objectives are:
A) To improve language skills and gain new communication skills, which are necessary if working with foreign customers;
- to learn and improve professional terminology in English,
- training in communication and conversation in everyday real-life situations at workplace,
-communication with patients or customers,
- being able to react in unpredictable situations.
B) To improve practical and technical skills necessary for the profession of future nurses;
- the provision of health care,
- observation of the patient's medical condition,
- carry out nursing interventions,
- Work in different departments in the hospital and retirement home,
- Assistance with providing hygiene, feeding, dressing, arranging beds, measuring vital functions,
- office work and documentation
- Cooperation with members of the health-care team,
- Comparison of standards at home and abroad.
To improve practical and professional skills necessary in the profession related to cosmetics:
- Learning new techniques of facial care (different types of skin care, male face care, eyebrow and eyelash shaping),
- Learning about the different techniques of body treatments (anti-cellulite programs, body wraps, body shaping techniques, ...)
- Learning about the different massage techniques,
- Learning about new approaches in manicuring and pedicures,
- learning new makeup techniques.
C) Gain greater opportunities for future employment.
D) Getting to know new people, the environment and culture of the partner country.
We will send 3 nursing students and 3 cosmetology students to Braga, Portugal (for 3 weeks). Besides learning many new things, they will also gain new self-confidence and become more experienced. With the Europass certificate they will have more options for future jobs. They will get information about job opportunities and training within the EU. They will learn about the culture and history of the host country and visit some tourist attractions.
Our partners will arrange working placements, accommodation in appropriate organisations.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation